Who will be in the opening lineup? Will Rousek and/or Kulich suit up in Prague? What about Krebs?

GASabresIUFAN

Czechia natives Kulich and Rousek are on the Sabres squad heading into the Sabres opening games, but will either be given the opportunity to play in their native country? 

Kulich had a great prospect challenge, but given this unique camp he has only played one pre-season game as the new look Sabres seemed very focused on building early cohesion with Lindy's new system for the skaters thought to be in the top 12.  I think Rousek may have also played one pre-season game as well.

PR wise it would be great for these guys to have a chance to play at home, but is it in the best interest of the Sabres who need a strong start to the season?

What about Krebs?  He actually played in all 3 "Sabres" centric pre-season games.  Aube-Kubel, Greenway, McLeod and Zucker (and Tuch) played 2 each.  Was this just a case of Lindy seeing where he can slot Krebs if needed or was he looking for an opening night role for Peyton?

Given the back to back games, I think there is a good chance the Sabres utilize all 15 forwards between the two games.  

It is Lindy Ruffs first games as a Sabre coach in a NHL game this era. And it is against his former team. I don't think he cares about anything but winning those games. My answer is No on Krebs and Rousek. If there are changes in the line-up for the second game, Kulich gets his chance. And I think/hope Ruff doesn't make changes on a winning team. 

Edited by SabreFinn
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 1

You dress the 12 forwards that give you best chance to win.   Two points now are still equal to 2 points in March.  

I don't see the need to play any of them unless they are doing something special in practice that warrants it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Czechia natives Kulich and Rousek are on the Sabres squad heading into the Sabres opening games, but will either be given the opportunity to play in their native country? 

Kulich had a great prospect challenge, but given this unique camp he has only played one pre-season game as the new look Sabres seemed very focused on building early cohesion with Lindy's new system for the skaters thought to be in the top 12.  I think Rousek may have also played one pre-season game as well.

PR wise it would be great for these guys to have a chance to play at home, but is it in the best interest of the Sabres who need a strong start to the season?

What about Krebs?  He actually played in all 3 "Sabres" centric pre-season games.  Aube-Kubel, Greenway, McLeod and Zucker (and Tuch) played 2 each.  Was this just a case of Lindy seeing where he can slot Krebs if needed or was he looking for an opening night role for Peyton?

Given the back to back games, I think there is a good chance the Sabres utilize all 15 forwards between the two games.  

Let them sit in the press box, but before the game walk around the Arena, meet some fans, sign some autographs, take pictures, and do the same between periods.  Great PR that way.

21 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Rousek is a career AHLer. He does not excite me at all.

Depending on how game #1 goes, Lindy may stay with the same lineup. Someone getting dinged up is changes things.

Kulich is the guy going in imo. He is the next man up as far as prospects and has taken a step forward from the end of the last season. If a 4th liner is out, Greenway can drop down a line imo.

I am sure the Czech fans are more excited about Kulich’s potential than Rousek’s.