Semiannual How to Stream the Sabres chat

PASabreFan

The season is upon us. Right off the git go, the first two games are on NHLN.

Streaming services with NHLN that might have a free trial?

Then the bulk of the season. MSG Plus vs ESPN Plus. ESPN plus while in market with the needed VPN would be a little cheaper.

MSG Plus doesn't offer a stored replay right after the game (and perhaps not until the next morning). Not sure about ESPN Plus.

Edited by PASabreFan

FUBO has the first two games and I watched a few last year on there too. The rest I watched on ESPN Plus with some national games on HULU. 

Years ago NHLN was an actual service on NHL.com. Now it’s theoretically a package some streaming services offer. If you are watching games on ESPN Plus, that’s the NHLN package. Despite what NHL.com leads you to believe you cannot watch all out of market games on the artist formerly known as NHLN.

You can order Center Ice but I think you need an actual cable provider not a streaming service.

Bottom line is I recommend FUBO and ESPN Plus if you are out of market. You’ll see most games but not all.

This might help but really it’s just to emotionally prepare everyone for inevitable let down because someone thought it’s a good idea to restrict viewership for a sport that claims it’s trying to expand its market.

ESPN+ is a great value for out of market games.  I'm already paying for YouTubeTV for NFL purposes, and they don't have NHL Network, so I'm out of luck for those handful of games that NHLN broadcasts.  Already paying for YTTV, it's not worth it to me to pay for FUBO for a few additional games.