Do the Sabres make the playoffs this season?

#freejame

Do the Sabres make the playoffs?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Sabres make the playoffs

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/04/2024 at 04:00 PM

Pretty straightforward question. Yes or no. 

If you asked me this before noon today, I would have said no. I’ve had a change of heart for no reason whatsoever, and I can now confidently say we will be in as the seven seed with 96 points. 

Yes. I think Ruff instills a new attitude and mental toughness this team has been sorely lacking. No more coddling. No more excuses. Just an expectation you play well and I think they will. Time this young team grows up.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

I have trouble seeing the Sabres as a bubble team.

This is not last year's Detroit or Washington, where if everything goes right the team can make the playoffs with a point total in the low 90s.

I think there are too many players at that point in their career where they will be making a statement about who they really are, and there is a critical mass situation brewing in the room, in terms of the psychology of the team.

If enough of these guys find their potential, it's going to lift the games of everyone around them and we are going to see an explosion into a 100-point squad that strides confidently into the playoffs. I call it the "Hope spring eternal" @bob_sauve28  model.

And if enough of these guys struggle, they are going to weigh down the others and we will see an implosion that results in trades and firings and "i don't want to be here's" and ultimately a top 10 pick. This is the 'Same old Sabres" @PerreaultForever model.

I think it's boom or bust this year.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have trouble seeing the Sabres as a bubble team.

This is not last year's Detroit or Washington, where if everything goes right the team can make the playoffs with a point total in the low 90s.

I think there are too many players at that point in their career where they will be making a statement about who they really are, and there is a critical mass situation brewing in the room, in terms of the psychology of the team.

If enough of these guys find their potential, it's going to lift the games of everyone around them and we are going to see an explosion into a 100-point squad that strides confidently into the playoffs. I call it the "Hope spring eternal" @bob_sauve28  model.

And if enough of these guys struggle, they are going to weigh down the others and we will see an implosion that results in trades and firings and "i don't want to be here's" and ultimately a top 10 pick. This is the 'Same old Sabres" @PerreaultForever model.

I think it's boom or bust this year.

Nice. I am really excited about this team. Talent, toughness, speed, goal tending and they are not the youngest team in league anymore.

Let's do this!

Voted no mostly from superstition and “too good to be true vibe”.   If they stay healthy and play with the energy the Amerks have in these past exhibition games they should.  Amerks have been like wolves attacking the net - we need Sabres top lines to do the same. 

Ottawa, Philly, Montreal, Detroit can all  take a step up so it’ll be a dogfight to get in. 

YES. 

We finally have and NHL coach.   We added 5 men with speed and toughness.  We will have a few more home grown kids turn into men this season.  

But I mostly voted yes because I watch almost every game and I need to believe it for my own sanity.