GDT: Red Wings at Sabres 7pm Streaming Sabres.com, Radio WGR550 9/30/24 7pm

Brawndo

Going to OT?  (The scoreboard is showing game stats and highlights of the 3rd period.)

Yup.  OT.

Sandstrom w/ the 1st save of OT and a Sabre misses the short side.  Puck back to the Sabres end but Buffalo with possession.

Nearly gave Detroit a breakaway with a bad pass in their end, but the Wing couldn't control the puck fully and Sabres have it again.

No real chances yet for either side through about 2-1/2 minutes.

Now Detroit has the puck.

Save Sandstrom.  Buffalo just misses the strech pass. Sabres still have the puck.

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

How much time was left in OT when he scored?

12 seconds.

The move Östlund made to draw the penalty where they won it was a thing of beauty.

That's 3 games in a row with highlight reel plays.

The kid has got some skill.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What happens if the horse shoe falls out of UPLs and Levi is better?

I’m a Levi truther and I’m expecting this.  UPL might be able to build upon his last season and be good, but Levi is him. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If I ran WGR I'd insist we have a separate radio crew calling games. What's the point of having games on radio when all you hear are Rob Ray's long stories?

From your lips to God’s ears.  This is the cost saving bullcrap that I need to change. I understood when they simulcasted Rick to radio because RJ is RJ. But tv PBP sent to the radio is the freaking worst.

Look, I understand that almost no one is relying on radio-only to consume the Sabres…However, the last I checked, the Sabres were the only team simulcasting their tv PBP to radio. Make hockey heaven great again.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I’m a Levi truther and I’m expecting this.  UPL might be able to build upon his last season and be good, but Levi is him. 

From your lips to God’s ears.  This is the cost saving bullcrap that I need to change. I understood when they simulcasted Rick to radio because RJ is RJ. But tv PBP sent to the radio is the freaking worst.

Look, I understand that almost no one is relying on radio-only to consume the Sabres…However, the last I checked, the Sabres were the only team simulcasting their tv PBP to radio. Make hockey heaven great again.  

Just so you know, the company that owns WGR, Audacy, is in bankruptcy. I can't see them paying a nickel more. But if you are paying Hammy and Koziel to be there anyway, let them call the game.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, dudacek said:

12 seconds.

The move Östlund made to draw the penalty where they won it was a thing of beauty.

• Thanks (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just so you know, the company that owns WGR, Audacy, is in bankruptcy. I can't see them paying a nickel more. But if you are paying Hammy and Koziel to be there anyway, let them call the game.

Interesting.  Are you 100% sure the radio PBP is an Audacy expense? Or is it rented airtime? Also, Koziol is good at what he does.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

12 seconds.

Will be interesting to see who leads the Amerks in points this season.

I'd imagine Kulich is sent down after European Vacation, fun year for Amerks loyalists. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Will be interesting to see who leads the Amerks in points this season.

I'd imagine Kulich is sent down after European Vacation, fun year for Amerks loyalists. 

Today’s Amerks roster is going to be adding 2 part-time NHL defencemen in Johnson and Clague and 2 first-line AHL forwards in Kulich and Rousek, and quite possibly an NHL goalie to start the season.

They went 3-1 mostly against teams sprinkled with NHL players, and appeared to outplay the opposition every game, save Sandstrom’s spotty 3rd period.

Helenius and Östlund look like they might be able to be our 3rd rookie impact duo in 4 years, and there seems to be crazy depth.

I might have to spring for the AHL package.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5