GDT: Red Wings at Sabres 7pm Streaming Sabres.com, Radio WGR550 9/30/24 7pm

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

I for one appreciate the NHL starting the regular season when the players are thoroughly ready to start the season, rather than watching garbage hockey to start it. Six games is perfectly fine.

It’s not 1974

They aren’t putting their cigarettes out and throwing away their McDonald’s wrappers on their way into camp 

2 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Yeah... Make it end and start the regular season!

No reason to wait this long and then be playing playoff games well into June.

^

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Aren't the Sabres in Europe? I'm so confused.

Me too.

I know our feeder teams will end up benefitting from this preseason, but how many games are the actual starters going to end up playing?

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Me too.

I know our feeder teams will end up benefitting from this preseason, but how many games are the actual starters going to end up playing?

3.  (Well, most all of them, all except Dahlin (1), Tuch (2), McLeod (2), Greenway (2), and Zucker (2).)

And the regular NHLers usually play 2-3 games in a normal preseason.  It's just in this one, because of the trip to Europe, instead of having 2 NHL lines, 2 AHL lines and a mix and match of NHLers and AHLers on D and in net; all 20 guys expected to be playing in the NHL together actually played together.

Edited by Taro T

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Me too.

I was going for more of a semantic point.

The Buffalo Sabres are in Europe. Detroit is playing the Buffalo Sabre Prospects tonight.

Or are we going to say any time a group of hockey players puts on the official Buffalo Sabres sweater, they are the Buffalo Sabres, much like how any plane the president is on is Air Force One?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It took me a second to realize that wasn't Sabertooth. It's the Rochester Magic Moose.

Well, yes.  Sabretooth is in Prague (or on his way to Prague quite soon after hanging out at Oktoberfest) with the rest of the "real" Sabres.

But it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for all the Sabres AHLers (up and comers and lifers, too) to get to pretend they're REALLY Sabres for one final night.  Surprised they didn't bump Don Stevens up to do the pbp.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It took me a second to realize that wasn't Sabertooth. It's the Rochester Magic Moose.

Even the mascot is in europe?!

What if the moose gets hurt?  Do we get the geico caveman as our mascot?

Edited by Ctaeth
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sabres73 said:

I for one appreciate the NHL starting the regular season when the players are thoroughly ready to start the season, rather than watching garbage hockey to start it. Six games is perfectly fine.

Says a guy posting in a thread about a preseason game with 0 NHL players. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

Even the mascot is in europe?!

What if the moose gets hurt?  Do we get the geico caveman as our mascot?

ECHL Mascot would be the next up. Idk who the EBUM, Emergency Backup Mascot, would be. Maybe Billy Buffalo or Victor E. Bull

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Is this the goalie that used to play for Florida and beat us the last game of the season two years ago? 

Yup.  The guy that singlehandedly saved the Swamp Cats season that year giving Bob the chance to get them into the Finals that season.

Guess the horse shoe is no longer lodged up his arse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Yup.  The guy that singlehandedly saved the Swamp Cats season that year giving Bob the chance to get them into the Finals that season.

Guess the horse shoe is no longer lodged up his arse.

What happens if the horse shoe falls out of UPLs and Levi is better?

After 1, Sabres up 2-1.  Slaggart and Neuchev.

Sandstrom (shockingly) made some real nice saves after giving up a goal on the Wings 1st shot.

Would say the Sabres have been the better team so far; but Detroit has gotten a few really good looks.