GDT: Red Wings at Sabres 7pm Streaming Sabres.com, Radio WGR550 9/30/24 7pm

Brawndo

9 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Interesting.  Are you 100% sure the radio PBP is an Audacy expense? Or is it rented airtime? Also, Koziol is good at what he does.  

I don't know what the deal is with the Sabres and WGR. I know that the noon-3pm block is produced by PSE. But in most situations, the right to broadcast a game on radio is paid for by the radio company.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

is this true?!

This isn’t true unless it just happened this year. Last year several teams simulcast feeds and a few no longer send their broadcasters on the road.

EDIT; full disclosure, I’ve only been able to verify that LA, Carolina and Buffalo simulcast. If I find the time, ill do a little more research.

Edited by tom webster
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Demoted said:

Preseason is over!!!!! 

And we were pre-season champions!

Preseason is over!!!!! 

Preseason is over!!!!! 

Preseason is over!!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Guava said:

Last year Lindy’s Devils went undefeated in pre-season, and then he was fired mid-season. 😳

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know what the deal is with the Sabres and WGR. I know that the noon-3pm block is produced by PSE. But in most situations, the right to broadcast a game on radio is paid for by the radio company.

Wasn't PSE dissolved last year?  Is it just produced by the Sabres org or whatever organization they split PSE into or is there still a PSE that owns things?

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Wasn't PSE dissolved last year?  Is it just produced by the Sabres org or whatever organization they split PSE into or is there still a PSE that owns things?

I have no idea.

5 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Basically there is no result in preseason that will make everyone happy. Lose = bad, barely win = bad, win every game 6-0 = bad.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

This isn’t true unless it just happened this year. Last year several teams simulcast feeds and a few no longer send their broadcasters on the road.

EDIT; full disclosure, I’ve only been able to verify that LA, Carolina and Buffalo simulcast. If I find the time, ill do a little more research.

12 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

is this true?!

I will admit that the last I looked was prior to Covid (2019), so that may have changed things. But it certainly was true five years ago or less.