Media Predictions for the Sabres!

GASabresIUFAN

16 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You know what isn't fine? Judging and criticizing me rather than talking about the Sabres. 

I always love the “oh you folks will never be satisfied, not until “fill in the blank” happens” as if the goal posts are being moved on this end lol. The disgruntled side has called their shot a zillion times over: *make the playoffs.*. The entirety of the goal post moving is on the other side. There’s no stated expectation of when success is to be expected. It’s just, “wait.” 

5 hours ago, Stoner said:

88.7. Scientific, eh?

It’s like how in football they eye ball where the ball finishes, and then measure with a literal chain. It’s a pretty hilarious juxtaposition 

edit: also, great new name. I’ll subscribe to your newsletter 

Edited by Thorner

1 hour ago, Thorner said:

I always love the “oh you folks will never be satisfied, not until “fill in the blank” happens” as if the goal posts are being moved on this end lol. The disgruntled side has called their shot a zillion times over: *make the playoffs.*. The entirety of the goal post moving is on the other side. There’s no stated expectation of when success is to be expected. It’s just, “wait.” 

Except that's not what I said, assuming you're lumping me into this fictitious group.  I said it's fine if anyone wants to wait until they see results.  I fully respect the view of not giving this organization any benefit of optimism.

I am, however, in full opposition of besmirching anyone that doesn't subscribe to that.  

If someone believes a line is going to be good, the team improved or think we'll make the playoffs - so be it.  

• Agree 1

Craig Rivet says the Sabres should easily get 45 wins and with “a bit of swagger” could really take off.

Stable goaltending, best defence corps in 15 years, loves the rebuilt bottom six and team speed, and thinks Lindy is exactly what these players need.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

The Sabres finished last season with a record of 39-37-6 for 84 points. Is it unreasonable to believe that this team can win four more games and increase their loser points from 6 to 10? That would give us 96 points. That is not out of the realm of possibility. As @dudacek notes Craig Rivet's analysis of this roster it is a very reasonable prediction of this team's prospects. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Craig Rivet says the Sabres should easily get 45 wins and with “a bit of swagger” could really take off.

Stable goaltending, best defence corps in 15 years, loves the rebuilt bottom six and team speed, and thinks Lindy is exactly what these players need.

Play the game with less "How do ya do" and more "***** you!"

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Weave said:

Oh, so NOW Rivet has an opinion worthy of respect!

If he offers an opinion that is reasonable, then it shouldn't automatically be dismissed. If he says something that is outlandish in order to be provocative, then I wouldn't give it much credibility. Simply making a judgment on a case-by-case basis. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If he offers an opinion that is reasonable, then it shouldn't automatically be dismissed. If he says something that is outlandish in order to be provocative, then I wouldn't give it much credibility. Simply making a judgment on a case-by-case basis. 

Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/01/betting/nhl-predictions-odds-picks-for-division-winner-parlay/

Odds to win Atlantic Division

TeamOddsTeamOdds

Panthers+230Senators+1000

Maple Leafs+290Red Wings+1300

Lightning+440Sabres+1600

Bruins+500Canadiens100/1

Odds via FanDuel

Because this is a lottery ticket angle, we need a long shot to juice this ticket and I’ve landed on the Sabres, who have not made the playoffs in 13 years. But the pieces are in place for them to take a massive leap from what was a hugely disappointing showing in 2023-24. 

What was most frustrating for the Sabres last season was that they improved defensively but took a sizable step backward offensively, which was supposed to be their calling card. The Sabres finished with 91 points and were expected to push even higher, but they fell flat, which caused everyone to jump ship. 

You can’t blame folks for doing that considering how many times Buffalo has fooled us, but this number is long enough to be quite tempting on a team that should score, has a terrific blueline and two emerging goaltenders.

Atlantic pick: Sabres (+1600)