Media Predictions for the Sabres!

GASabresIUFAN

22 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is a potential problem with all those high end picks. If they all get there they will all want to be paid and some of them will have to be moved. Cap goes up though so no need to sweat this yet. 

They’re talking now like the cap is still artificially low because of the COVID advance the players got.

Without that, current revenue streams dictate a $100M cap right now.

26 minutes ago, Thorner said:

We could be maximizing those deals right now, ya 

Alas 

We’d rather wait until none of them are cheap 

I still hold out some faint hope that if the current top six doesn’t play like $7M players they’ll make a move with that money, and if they do play like $7M players, they’ll use it on their own.

I have no reason to actually think that, but it’s September and my hopium is is usually at its highest levels this time of year.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is Girgs 3rd line? That is thinner than they used to be if that's the case. 

These 7 forwards are expected to be everyday players in Tampa:

Paul, Atkinson, Girgensons, Sheary, Glendening, Ylonen and Chaffee.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

They’re talking now like the cap is still artificially low because of the COVID advance the players got.

Without that, current revenue streams dictate a $100M cap right now.

I still hold out some faint hope that if the current top six doesn’t play like $7M players they’ll make a move with that money, and if they do, they’ll use it on their own.

I have no reason to actually think that, but it’s September and my hopium is is usually at its highest levels this time of year.

I can buy that; but in a time frame necessary to save the current season, as it no-doubt needs to be saved, given the reason we are making the move in your hypothetical? That’s Peregrin Took territory  

Just now, dudacek said:

lol 3 of those are made up for sure 

Maybe 4 

54 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Well they gave Guentzel a lot and they already had a lot committed so it's not a huge surprise. 

I am interested to see how our new bottom 6 holds up but most of all I think this season hinges on what that second line becomes. It could go either way. 

Our 2nd line will be good. Potentially very very good. 

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well I wouldn't disagree with that. There's a window of opportunity (mostly due to entry level deals) and if we were actually spending the money we might be there but we still have unused cap space. All those teams spend to the cap. 

idk, if the Cozens Benson Quinn line comes together and is a good 2nd line then we might be good, but it's unproven for now. Have to see what it looks like in actual games. I doubt Zucker-McLeod-Greenway scares many teams at all. 

Benson Cozens Quinn will be fine. 

• nfreeman changed the title to Media Predictions for the Sabres!

Honestly, I would be happy if they were at least within 4 points of 8th when March begins. I don't expect playoffs but at least give me a season where most of the games are meaningful. I can't wait for the day when life is injected back into that sorry building.

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Honestly, I would be happy if they were at least within 4 points of 8th when March begins. I don't expect playoffs but at least give me a season where most of the games are meaningful. I can't wait for the day when life is injected back into that sorry building.

I feel like we are way, way past “meaningful games in March” being a reasonably aim tbh, but to each there own obviously 

Edited by Thorner
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Thorner said:

I feel like we are way, way past “meaningful games in March” being a reasonably aim tbh, but to each there own obviously 

I have seen this song and dance far too many times to have any hope. But, since I finally dropped my season tickets, I am sure they will probably have a great season just to spite me.

• Haha (+1) 2