GDT:Sabres at Columbus 9/28/24 7pm Streaming Sabres.com Radio WGR550

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I would have preferred that they kept Houser as the Amerks backup instead of signing Sandström.

Wouldn't be surprised if Houser beats Sandstrom out as the backup without playing ANY games.

Wonder how Sandstrom will like Jacksonville?

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Is sandstrom even on the American’s roster if rhe 35 year old clears waivers and is sent down. Or I guess if Levi starts in Rochester?

The way he's playing, he'll be lucky to be the Ice Men's starter by the time TC is done.

3 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Is sandstrom even on the American’s roster if rhe 35 year old clears waivers and is sent down. Or I guess if Levi starts in Rochester?

Reimer or Levi will be the starter. He’s expected to be the backup.

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Jobst making it a 2 goal game.

He and Helenius should both be fun to watch in Ra-cha-cha this year.

Hopefully Sandstrom is nowhere near that game.  Would be nice to see the Sabres go 6-1-0 in the preseason to go with the 2-0-0 start in the RS before they even get to the legit home opener.

What was the score when Ratzlaff left?

Just now, pastajoe said:

Reimer or Levi will be the starter. He’s expected to be the backup.

The way he's played in his 2 stints between the pipes, would not expect that to still be the expectation.  Houser is better than him.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

What was the score when Ratzlaff left?

2-1 good guys.

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Sandstorm was a head scratching signing

Their GT analytics team keeps thinking it's finding diamonds in the rough but they all seem to be Herkimer diamonds.

(referring to the reclamation projects they go after not Anderson or Reimer (or even Levi who was definitely not a reclamation project))

Edited by Taro T

I’d like to see them give Östlund time at Centre this year in Rochester. That’s where he is at his best as a playmaker.

Östlund is a much better natural centre than Kulich.

Helenuis and Östlund are two legit centre prospects for the Sabres

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2

On 7/7/2022 at 8:24 PM, Thorner said:

Can we get two first line centres out of:

Thompson, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Krebs, Savoie, and Östlund? 

Surely we can get a 1 and 2 twos, right? The system is now screaming about the odds being in our favour 

Jury still out but I like the odds on Östlund to help Thompson and Cozens satisfy the bold 

Just now, Flashsabre said:

LOL you went back in time to grab that post.

Helenuis I think will be a solid 2C. Push Cozens to the wing. 

Well yes, by definition that’s the only way to do it. The alternative would be to quote something from the future 

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Houser beats Sandstrom out as the backup without playing ANY games.

Wonder how Sandstrom will like Jacksonville?

The way he's playing, he'll be lucky to be the Ice Men's starter by the time TC is done.

I wonder if he’d even accept going to Rochester or if he’d rather go home to Sweden. 

4 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Hockey preseason is just weird

All pro sports preseasons are weird. They are just fake hype to get people to spend money on something that should be free.

Imagine if musicians charged fans to watch them practice scales or a band rehearsal while they are learning a new tune.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

All pro sports preseasons are weird. They are just fake hype to get people to spend money on something that should be free.

Imagine if musicians charged fans to watch them practice scales or a band rehearsal while they are learning a new tune.

They would probably make a killing on it...I am quite sure people would love to watch and see how all that work behind the scenes leads up to the actual creation of a song.