Rasmus Dahlin named Sabres Captain

Brawndo

This was well done 

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

All right, I’m out.

15 years on this site and I finally got something right.

Time to step aside and build a house in Minnesota.

Outstanding call on the letters

You are not allowed to leave 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Samuelsson is interesting. Most of us on here think he can be a good-to-very good Defenseman when he is healthy, yet last year he seemed to take a slight step back.

Wonder what he is like in the room? what he is like with Lindy or KA.  He 'only' a 24 year old D-man with about 150 career games played (less than 2 full seasons), so to be named an alternate is a bit surprising.

Will just repeat what I said at the start of the other captaincy thread:

“Dahlin / Dahlin

Easy choice 

Best player, longest contract, plays almost every game. Reliable. 

Still young. Young guys look up to him. Drafted by the team. 

Draft and dev strategy needs a draft and dev captain”

Edited by Thorner
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Definitely enjoyed though how the montage showed  him grow up as well as throw some checks, block a shot and score/assist. 

Loved Allen narrating it; I'd bet Dawkins is happy about this too seeing as they are at very least acquaintances 

He proved his "captain" qualities last year because even as the season slipped away, he continued to block shots with the empty net and throw himself into scrums as he tried to will the team forward. 

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Samuelsson is interesting. Most of us on here think he can be a good-to-very good Defenseman when he is healthy, yet last year he seemed to take a slight step back.

Wonder what he is like in the room? what he is like with Lindy or KA.  He 'only' a 24 year old D-man with about 150 career games played (less than 2 full seasons), so to be named an alternate is a bit surprising.

Supposedly he's a natural born leader type as he has had leadership roles on other teams through his youth.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

He comes across as the goofy glue guy but he has had leadership roles at USA hockey and the NCAA levels.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not surprised but I disagree with the choice. It's not a big disagreement, but we shall see if it's a mistake down the road. Absolutely hate the rotational alternates. That's complete indecisive dumbassery imo. 

Who was your choice?

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

He comes across as the goofy glue guy but he has had leadership roles at USA hockey and the NCAA levels.

He comes across as looking like a 40 year old man 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not surprised but I disagree with the choice. It's not a big disagreement, but we shall see if it's a mistake down the road. Absolutely hate the rotational alternates. That's complete indecisive dumbassery imo. 

On the positive side, the fact they gave into that frivolousness with the As means they must have been pretty darn certain on the C

To avoid it, there 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The rotational thing is a Lindy thing, has been for as long as I can remember. We had rotating Cs and Dual Cs at different points in the past so alternating alternates isn't some sort of "new" thing.  

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Who was your choice?

Tuch. 

I'd have given Rasmus an A and the second A honestly not sure. Maybe Thompson. I used to say Cozens but he hasn't earned it. 

5 minutes ago, Thorner said:

He comes across as looking like a 40 year old man 

On the positive side, the fact they gave into that frivolousness with the As means they must have been pretty darn certain on the C

To avoid it, there 

Possibly. Or they just couldn't decide and gave the C to the highest paid and longest term signed player and then rotated in the older higher ranked players so as not to offend any of them by being left out. 

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

The rotational thing is a Lindy thing, has been for as long as I can remember. We had rotating Cs and Dual Cs at different points in the past so alternating alternates isn't some sort of "new" thing.  

No, it's not "new" but I don't like it. Never have. Personally I think it diminishes their authority/gravitas if and when they speak. So I disagree with Lindy's philosophy on that. He wants more leaders, I'd want real leaders. 

• Like (+1) 2