GDT: Sabres at Ottawa 7pm 9/26/24. MSG-TSN Feed, Radio WGR 550

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, Stads said:

I knew I shouldn't have taken the Sabres on the moneyline tonight. Guess my kids will have food next week

Rosen and Östlund, my children thank you. I'm going to let it ride on some more preseason action! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Well one thing you can say for sure is that Rochester plays with a lot of pace. Ottawa announcers were saying Senators not playing well but I think they were struggling to play at that speed. Ullmark might steal some games for them though. 

Helenius tries to do a lot of things right. He has the right instincts, but he's a few years away and needs more adjustment and development. I think he could eventually crack the roster though. Nobody else out there that I see as pushing for an NHL spot any time soon. But they are fast.

I'd totally forgotten we're trying to refurbish Sandstrom. He had potential at one point but completely fell apart last year so who knows. 

For Ottawa, Yakemchuk looks like the real deal. Not sure he cracks their line up, but he looks like a future player. The rest of what they dressed was not overly impressive and there were some NHLers in there. 

Very nice effort from the kids tonight.  Seemed they ran out of a little bit of gas late in the 2nd period and through the 3rd, but they still had enough to overcome the rough penalty call against Helenius that lead to the Otters 2nd goal and pull it out in OT.

If they can get a split in their final 2 NHL preseason games, or dare we say a full sweep of all 4 games, and they'll be rockin' friggin' brass bowling balls heading into the AHL season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1