Prague Series between Sabres and Devils

Spun

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

What’s the tv situation tomorrow? Does nhl network mean it isn’t on ESPN +?

That has been the case in years past. Perhaps being the International Series changes that - but I doubt it.

I just signed up for a 7-day Fubo TV trial just to watch these two games.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

That has been the case in years past. Perhaps being the International Series changes that - but I doubt it.

I just signed up for a 7-day Fubo TV trial just to watch these two games.

What plan did you get?  I checked that and did not see NHL network.  Was it a premium? 

On 10/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, Spun said:

Thanks for the reply’s everybody!

I have about five hours until I depart from San Diego-Munich-Prague!  I have been working a lot lately so a trip will be nice!  I did get a couple Prague travel books and a Streetwise map.

As usual, my most immediate concern is to get from Prague airport to the Clarion Congress hotel.  The sources have so far fallen short in helping me.  I will pester the staff at the airport for precise info!

I went to Stockholm in 2019 to see the Sabres lose twice to the Lightning.  Someone had to play them.  Had I not visited Stockholm for the games I may have missed Stockholm altogether.  Very cool city!

The Sabres and Devils have big question marks.  Both teams underperformed last season.  One of those teams has underperformed for thirteen seasons.

I am hoping to see guys like Quinn, Benson and Kulich rise!

As for leaving the broadcast team behind, the Sabres could have done better.  Play better on the ice, fill some seats and repeat. 

I do not like sleeping on planes but I am exhausted!

Show us something Sabres!

GO SABRES!!!

Awesome.  Enjoy and please post from Prague and from the games!  Photos would be cool too.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

What plan did you get?  I checked that and did not see NHL network.  Was it a premium? 

You need to select the 3- month payment plan to get NHL Network included. They won’t charge you until the trial elapses so it really doesn’t matter …. unless you forget to cancel.

• Thanks (+1) 1

The Sabres laid an egg!  They played real jittery. An epidemic of the cough-ups left them in a hole.  The Devils came out flying which worsened the Sabres confidence.  When the Devils had the puck the Sabres seemed to not know what to do, when the Sabres had the puck once again they seemed lost.  The Devils were very aggressive at their blue line.  As the game went on the Sabres settled down and they actually outshot the Devils. Devils goalie Jacob Markstrom had a very good game.  UPL did play well but the Sabres sloppy play made it difficult.  The score could have been 10-0 if not for UPL.

I expect a very different performance from the Sabres in Game 2 on Saturday.  Many of the fans were from Europe.  I talked with some Sabres fans from Sweden.  The Swedes  that I have met speak English with a UK accent.  It was overwhelmingly a Devils crowd.  After the game, they played Bruce Springsteens “Glory Days”.  It seemed like the European fans around me didn’t get the Jersey connection. The crowd was rocking like they did when the Sabres played recently in Munich.  

There was a moment of silence of thirteen seconds in memory of the Gaudreau brothers.  Sometimes, there is a knucklehead or two who has to interrupt the silence in similar occasions.  Not this time.  It was stone quiet.   Very respectful.

Prague is an interesting city.  The architecture in the areas away from the touristy parts of town is very Soviet style.  There is a lot of construction going on.  Prague is very clean.  We could learn a little bit from the Prague cleanliness for use in certain US cities.  The people are rather reserved.  They avert eye contact.  The people have been very nice especially when it comes to giving directions!  The food is also very different.  Some of the food requires an acquired taste.  I am staying at a Clarion hotel which has a daily, free breakfast buffet!  I have been dropping the hammer on the buffet!

The Sabres need to come out fast or else.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Spun said:

The Sabres laid an egg!  They played real jittery. An epidemic of the cough-ups left them in a hole.  The Devils came out flying which worsened the Sabres confidence.  When the Devils had the puck the Sabres seemed to not know what to do, when the Sabres had the puck once again they seemed lost.  The Devils were very aggressive at their blue line.  As the game went on the Sabres settled down and they actually outshot the Devils. Devils goalie Jacob Markstrom had a very good game.  UPL did play well but the Sabres sloppy play made it difficult.  The score could have been 10-0 if not for UPL.

I expect a very different performance from the Sabres in Game 2 on Saturday.  Many of the fans were from Europe.  I talked with some Sabres fans from Sweden.  The Swedes  that I have met speak English with a UK accent.  It was overwhelmingly a Devils crowd.  After the game, they played Bruce Springsteens “Glory Days”.  It seemed like the European fans around me didn’t get the Jersey connection. The crowd was rocking like they did when the Sabres played recently in Munich.  

There was a moment of silence of thirteen seconds in memory of the Gaudreau brothers.  Sometimes, there is a knucklehead or two who has to interrupt the silence in similar occasions.  Not this time.  It was stone quiet.   Very respectful.

Prague is an interesting city.  The architecture in the areas away from the touristy parts of town is very Soviet style.  There is a lot of construction going on.  Prague is very clean.  We could learn a little bit from the Prague cleanliness for use in certain US cities.  The people are rather reserved.  They avert eye contact.  The people have been very nice especially when it comes to giving directions!  The food is also very different.  Some of the food requires an acquired taste.  I am staying at a Clarion hotel which has a daily, free breakfast buffet!  I have been dropping the hammer on the buffet!

The Sabres need to come out fast or else.

Don't expect a different performance next game. The Devils are 2 classes ahead of the Sabres and it shows. And they jettisoned their coach and still performed at an elite NHL level, that's the players, who are volumes more professional than our roster and it showed tonight, will show the next game.

Sorry, just calling it as I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Don't expect a different performance next game. The Devils are 2 classes ahead of the Sabres and it shows. And they jettisoned their coach and still performed at an elite NHL level, that's the players, who are volumes more professional than our roster and it showed tonight, will show the next game.

Sorry, just calling it as I see it.

Predictable, and not surprising at all.

Can we do away with sending Buffalo teams to Europe now please?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

What’s funny is if before Terry owned the team someone told me the Sabres were playing in Prague when you’ll be in your 30s and will have the money to go, there would have been zero hesitation to go.

I’m sure anyone who went had a blast because Prague looks like a great city, but it’s too bad the team didn’t show out. 

6 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Prague is a good city but if you want a great Europe trip you go to Tuscany (including Naples), Croatia, to a lesser degree Paris, definitely the Greek Islands

Just got back from Athens, Santorini and Istanbul. Loved it.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Prague is a good city but if you want a great Europe trip you go to Tuscany (including Naples), Croatia, to a lesser degree Paris, definitely the Greek Islands

Naples is not in Tuscany, Did you mean Florence? World of difference between the 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Just got back from Athens, Santorini and Istanbul. Loved it.

I was just in Athens among other places as well. Athens is a bit gritty in places but I liked it a lot. Easy to get in and get around to the good spots. Not to expensive and a lot to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm heading to Istanbul in 2 weeks, only for a short stay, then hopping to malta, Cyprus and Jordan. I know the middle east is unstable, but I'm riding a camel through Petra and floating in the dead sea either way lol 

Also the sabres are still trash, yay 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm heading to Istanbul in 2 weeks, only for a short stay, then hopping to malta, Cyprus and Jordan. I know the middle east is unstable, but I'm riding a camel through Petra and floating in the dead sea either way lol 

Also the sabres are still trash, yay 

I got a couple trips to Aldi planned as well.  Gonna get some nice discounted groceries.  Same.  Same.   

Hey kids, strive to be you best.  You can travel to Instanbul (or is it Constantinople) or you can travel to your local discount grocery store because that’s the life you’ve carved out for yourself.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I got a couple trips to Aldi planned as well.  Gonna get some nice discounted groceries.  Same.  Same.   

Hey kids, strive to be you best.  You can travel to Instanbul (or is it Constantinople) or you can travel to your local discount grocery store because that’s the life you’ve carved out for yourself.  

First, glad to see that you made it out of the Prague series, Friday was touch and go 😂

2nd, I love Aldis. No shame in that 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I will be in Cuba next week. Rome in a month.

16 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Completely agree with this. Been to Prague a few times, and it has its charm, but nothing beats Tuscany. And Dubrovnik, staying at one of the resorts on the water outside the city, is like paradise. Have not been to Greek islands and not a big fan of Paris. Not a big fan of France for the most part, but Mount St Michelle  and the Normandy coast is very nice. Have not been to other areas of France though.