Prague Series between Sabres and Devils

Spun

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

It’s a joke. Hyperbole meant to suggest that I think your way of thinking on these matters is … highly unusual.

In other threads, sure.

In my opinion, my way of thinking is ... logical.  And some of your responses are ... condescending.  But to each his own.  Have a great weekend and go Sabres.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

In my opinion, my way of thinking is ... logical.  And some of your responses are ... condescending.  But to each his own.  Have a great weekend and go Sabres.

I regret coming off as condescending. Your perspectives here are genuinely perplexing to me.

4 hours ago, Doohicksie said:

Just going with @Thorner's lead.  Wondering if anyone would notice.  You're the first.  And I was going for the worst nicknaming I could think of 🤪

Been thinking about mine. We haven't had a good mass psychosis/name change fad since... the Red Scare?

Fansie?

Passer?

Surely not Pasta. Or maybe...

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Been thinking about mine. We haven't had a good mass psychosis/name change fad since... the Red Scare?

Fansie?

Passer?

Surely not Pasta. Or maybe...

PA

43 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Can I be Chipper, like wood chipper. 

Maybe Fargo 

Or Rapunzel. 

Woodsy

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

Dude, no way your name would be Doohicksie; it'd be Hicks.  (Maybe Hicker, but almost definitely Hicks.)

Dooey

25 minutes ago, pi2000 said:
11 hours ago, Taro T said:

Dude, no way your name would be Doohicksie; it'd be Hicks.  (Maybe Hicker, but almost definitely Hicks.)

Dooey

Doohicksie it is for 6 months. 

I blame @SDS for having a rule that you can only changer your display name once every six months.

On 9/27/2024 at 12:12 PM, Taro T said:

Will give you the rappeling.  But, dancing with non-particularly well endowed cheerleaders is NOT the same (technically) as dancing with a VERY well endowed stripper.

I'm not saying this to support any kind of stereotyping, etc.  However, unless you know what the cheerleader does when not cheering, I'm not sure you can assert it's not the same thing. 🙂

12 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Can I be Chipper, like wood chipper. 

Maybe Fargo 

Or Rapunzel. 

For you? I am envisioning "Flow".

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

I'm not saying this to support any kind of stereotyping, etc.  However, unless you know what the cheerleader does when not cheering, I'm not sure you can assert it's not the same thing. 🙂

For you? I am envisioning "Flow".

What part of "VERY well endowed" was the confusing part?  😉 

On 9/27/2024 at 6:15 PM, That Aud Smell said:

I regret coming off as condescending. Your perspectives here are genuinely perplexing to me.

I merely believe that Pegula is choosing to save some money on an off-the-ice expense, and to me, it's not a big deal if he does that, as long as it doesn't impact the product on the ice.  I can see why someone would disagree with my perspective or opinion, but I'm not sure why it would be perplexing to you or why I would need to "have my head examined" for having that opinion.  I understand that comment was a joke and hyperbole, but I don't see it as appropriate, given the tone of the conversation.  I can tell from your writing that you are a well-educated guy (I'm making an assumption that you are, in fact, a guy), so I can't see why you'd find it that perplexing that someone would have the perspective that I have on this topic.  It's not that complex.  While it may be different from your perspective, it's not an extreme or outlandish opinion to have.

All this said, I'm not big into message board wars.  We can agree to disagree on this one topic and I'd suspect we probably agree on most others.  Go Sabres.

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Are the Devils in Prague yet?

Sabres should be fully acclimated to the time change now. They got there first which should be a bit of an advantage.

Let's hope.  

A fast start to the season could be huge.

21 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Are the Devils in Prague yet?

Sabres should be fully acclimated to the time change now. They got there first which should be a bit of an advantage.

The Devs got to Prague today.  Four days should be enough. The good news is the Sabres appear healthy versus NJ missing Hughes and Pesce.  I’ll take it.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for the reply’s everybody!

I have about five hours until I depart from San Diego-Munich-Prague!  I have been working a lot lately so a trip will be nice!  I did get a couple Prague travel books and a Streetwise map.

As usual, my most immediate concern is to get from Prague airport to the Clarion Congress hotel.  The sources have so far fallen short in helping me.  I will pester the staff at the airport for precise info!

I went to Stockholm in 2019 to see the Sabres lose twice to the Lightning.  Someone had to play them.  Had I not visited Stockholm for the games I may have missed Stockholm altogether.  Very cool city!

The Sabres and Devils have big question marks.  Both teams underperformed last season.  One of those teams has underperformed for thirteen seasons.

I am hoping to see guys like Quinn, Benson and Kulich rise!

As for leaving the broadcast team behind, the Sabres could have done better.  Play better on the ice, fill some seats and repeat. 

I do not like sleeping on planes but I am exhausted!

Show us something Sabres!

GO SABRES!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/26/2024 at 5:34 AM, JohnC said:

I'm confused by your post. What are you talking about and suggesting? Some grand media conspiracy? The Sabres didn't bring in their broadcasters on this European trip. You can reasonably agree or disagree with that lack of hometown coverage, but too much is being made of it. My position is that the local broadcasters should have been included in the trip. 

It was my commentary on today’s journalism.   They post articles with wrong information and don’t proofread anything.  The number of errors I find in my daily perusal of the internet is mind boggling.  No pride in what they post; just get it out there fast.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

It was my commentary on today’s journalism.   They post articles with wrong information and don’t proofread anything.  The number of errors I find in my daily perusal of the internet is mind boggling.  No pride in what they post; just get it out there fast.

If you are looking for precision in internet postings, you are looking in the wrong places. It's like going to the butcher shop looking for a surgeon. A lot of blood in the shop that makes you want to look away.