GDT: Columbus at Buffalo 9/23/24, 5:00 pm. Sabres.com for streaming and The Bet 1520 am

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Couldn't watch the game. Saw the goal highlights. How did Devon Levi look out there?

He tracked the puck well and had a few tough saves, but most shots were from the perimeter. He mishandled the puck  on the side in the 3rd and almost shot it into the net when he tried to pass.

• Thanks (+1) 1

JJ Tage Tuch

Benson Cozens Quinn

Greenway McLeod Zucker

Malestyn Lafferty NAK

Krebs

I like this forward lineup for what Lindy is trying to do. The production of the 2nd line will be the biggest factor this season outside of key injuries.

The goaltending should be solid night in and night out. The D corps ability to defend will be a big key to success this season and a big part of that will be Muel staying healthy.

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Been a while since I've seen a better play than the one Benson made on the Cozens goal. Just a perfect display of high hockey IQ and skill. 

It was a great play, but players fire the puck into the slot all the time.  Truth be told I thought it was a pass to Quinn that missed.   If I'm right, though, that takes nothing away from Benson's hockey IQ.  He put it in a dangerous area where two teammates had a chance to get a grade A chance.  The more important thing is the teammates were there to convert.  I'm digging this Lindy Go To The Net philosophy.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It was a great play, but players fire the puck into the slot all the time.  Truth be told I thought it was a pass to Quinn that missed.   If I'm right, though, that takes nothing away from Benson's hockey IQ.  He put it in a dangerous area where two teammates had a chance to get a grade A chance.  The more important thing is the teammates were there to convert.  I'm digging this Lindy Go To The Net philosophy.

While Benson was tracking the puck, he simultaneously takes a quick glance at Cozens and has already made up his mind that's where he gonna go with the puck. He saw the play before it happened and as Rob commented, "he had a plan the entire time." He put right on Cozens's stick. No way was that pass intended for anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Benson's arguably the best player on the ice right now. 

Don't really get why they played Peterka and Thompson if they wanted to rest Tuch. Odd to use a stacked line up if you're not looking for line chemistry but whatever. 

I would imagine that playing Krebs with JJP and TNT is to see his ability to play in the top 6.  If they take out JJP and TNT then they cannot accomplish that right?  He's be playing with Kulich and Rosen? The Quinn-Cozens-Benson line was not missing anyone so that line kept its chemistry and Krebs slotted in above.

This not only gives them information about Krebs in the top 6 with the team but it also provides a little context in how he fits in overall in a top 6 for other teams who might have an interest.

There's nothing odd about the stacked line-up as they said they would be doing this the whole pre-season.

To me,  and this a personal thing not a this is how it was, the best part of the Benson assist is how he initiates contact with the defender which prepares the space Benson wants to pass through. Engages the defender, uses his smaller stance to get leverage and initiate a tight turn, adjust as he slips the pass across to make it accurate. 

I love Zach Benson. He should not have dropped to the teens, he's too damn good at too damn much. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

JJ Tage Tuch

Benson Cozens Quinn

Greenway McLeod Zucker

Malestyn Lafferty NAK

Krebs

I like this forward lineup for what Lindy is trying to do. The production of the 2nd line will be the biggest factor this season outside of key injuries.

The goaltending should be solid night in and night out. The D corps ability to defend will be a big key to success this season and a big part of that will be Muel staying healthy.

Greenway doesn't make sense on the new look line up.  Hes a slow 🐌 skates in cement plodder.  Sure he hits, but his offensive game is pedestrian.  They focused on physicality with speed.  That is the complete opposite if Greenway.  Send him out west for a 5th round pick and lets move on.

1 hour ago, Rasmus_ said:

Greenway doesn't make sense on the new look line up.  Hes a slow 🐌 skates in cement plodder.  Sure he hits, but his offensive game is pedestrian.  They focused on physicality with speed.  That is the complete opposite if Greenway.  Send him out west for a 5th round pick and lets move on.

I think we need to see how effective malenstyn, aube kubel, lafferty, and McLeod are on our pk before we even consider shipping him.  He played a pretty big part in the turn around of the pk from 22-23.  Lindy loves his special teams

7 hours ago, LTS said:

I would imagine that playing Krebs with JJP and TNT is to see his ability to play in the top 6.  If they take out JJP and TNT then they cannot accomplish that right?  He's be playing with Kulich and Rosen? The Quinn-Cozens-Benson line was not missing anyone so that line kept its chemistry and Krebs slotted in above.

This not only gives them information about Krebs in the top 6 with the team but it also provides a little context in how he fits in overall in a top 6 for other teams who might have an interest.

There's nothing odd about the stacked line-up as they said they would be doing this the whole pre-season.

Oh I know they said it, and if Ruff was trying to create new lines I'd get it but Peterka-Thompson-Tuch ended last season and it's the same guys so what's the point of that? Better you keep testing Kulich etc. to see if you have anything. 

As for seeing what Krebs can do there I guess, but he's not exactly an unknown entity.

Doesn't matter, it's preseason, I guess they feel they need to get used to the sound of Ruff's voice. 

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh I know they said it, and if Ruff was trying to create new lines I'd get it but Peterka-Thompson-Tuch ended last season and it's the same guys so what's the point of that? Better you keep testing Kulich etc. to see if you have anything. 

As for seeing what Krebs can do there I guess, but he's not exactly an unknown entity.

Doesn't matter, it's preseason, I guess they feel they need to get used to the sound of Ruff's voice. 

Do you like anything the Sabres do? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

No one said Ruff was trying to create new lines.  Where do you get that assertion from?

You asked why JJP and TNT were playing if Tuch was not. The response was that it allowed Krebs to be seen in a top 6 role, in this case on the top line. This is a perfectly logical explanation and somehow you end up back to your above post.

You acknowledge the point about Krebs, "you guess".  He is an unknown entity. That's the whole point. They need to determine if he's taken the next step or not and they are trying to see his performance with a top line assignment.

If it doesn't matter to you then why so many posts about the Sabres?  Why the comment about "get used to the sound of Ruff;s voice?" 

You are hunting around constantly looking to discredit the Sabres at every turn. In many cases it's a real stretch.

Edited by LTS
Wording changes
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, LTS said:

No one said Ruff was trying to create new lines.  Where do you get that assertion from?

You asked why JJP and TNT were playing if Tuch was not. The response was that it allowed Krebs to be seen in a top 6 role, in this case on the top line. This is a perfectly logical explanation and somehow you end up back to your above post.

You acknowledge the point about Krebs, "you guess".  He is an unknown entity. That's the whole point. They need to determine if he's taken the next step or not and they are trying to see his performance with a top line assignment.

If it doesn't matter to you then why so many posts about the Sabres?  Why the comment about "get used to the sound of Ruff;s voice?" 

You are hunting around constantly looking to discredit the Sabres at every turn. In many cases it's a real stretch.

Nope, nope and definitely nope. 

I guess lots of posts because I'm excited for hockey this year. Really hoping that Ruff can finally deliver what's long overdue. If he doesn't, well, then I will be depressed. 

I said "if" and you missed that or chose to ignore it. If means if. 

Krebs isn't an unknown entity. He played all last year. He's not going to play with Thompson and Peterka, that's just never going to happen in the regular season. If it does we are in big trouble. 

You think I post too much about the Sabres, don't read me. Simple solution for you.