GDT: Pittsburg Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres 7PM 9/21/24--Preseason

bob_sauve28

• spndnchz changed the title to GDT: Pittsburg Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres 7PM 9/21/24--Preseason

No Dahlin or projected third line but all other regulars in the lineup.

Europe and shortened time an influence but big change from early preseason lineups of the last couple years. Most regulars playing together right off the bat. 

For those in Ontario - looks like Sportsnet plus is carrying the game tonight. 

44 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’ve been waiting to see where Lindy was going to go with this.

Basically, sub Dahlin in for Jokiharju and that’s a very likely PP1.

Wondering if she’s got Quinn and JJ reversed because Quinn’s a RH shot, and the right half-wall is where JJ has excelled in Rochester and with the German national team.

i wanted Byram there but thought Appert would go with JJ.

Also Quinn down low fits with what Lindy and Appert were saying in terms of what they want to do.

And PP2 looks like it could be a PP1.

I wonder if that could be Kulich’s ticket to making the team, because having Byram, Power and Benson breaking down the box for his shot sure puts him in a position to succeed. No clue who else would go there if he gets sent down.

Granato never used Cozens in that low spot, but I’ve seen him succeed there with Team Canada.

Not expecting magic right away, but I like the way they’ve constructed things.

Edited by dudacek

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Don't say it. Let's not trigger Thorny/Thorner.

Say what, “we back!” when we throttle them? 

Media day says these guys are ready. I’m not sure for what..but they are certainly ready 

Edited by Thorner

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I’ve been waiting to see where Lindy was going to go with this.

Basically, sub Dahlin in for Jokiharju and that’s a very likely PP1.

Wondering if she’s got Quinn and JJ reversed because Quinn’s a RH shot, and the right half-wall is where JJ has excelled in Rochester and with the German national team.

i wanted Byram there but thought Appert would go with JJ.

Also Quinn down low fits with what Lindy and Appert were saying in terms of what they want to do.

And PP2 looks like it could be a PP1.

I wonder if that could be Kulich’s ticket to making the team, because having Byram, Power and Benson breaking down the box for his shot sure puts him in a position to succeed. No clue who else would go there if he gets sent down.

Granato never used Cozens in that low spot, but I’ve seen him succeed there with Team Canada.

Not expecting magic right away, but I like the way they’ve constructed things.

Interesting but not unexpected that Ruff has a non-PP D-man subbing in for Dahlin rather than bumping Power or Byram into his spot.  He spoke over the summer of keeping the PP units together to get them going.  And with no Zucker in the lineup tonight, he's giving Kulich a chance to earn a spot on the roster.  

But still would be kind of surprised if Kulich is on the roster come the Kings game.  (No way he doesn't make the trip to Europe.)

Defintely pulling for UPL to look good tonight.  He should.  But if he doesn't am mildly concerned he might get into his own head.  (Wonder how much that played into the decision to give him all the healthy NHL D-men against an nearly fully AHL squad vs a decision to put in say Johnson and Clague or Gilbert sitting 1 pair like he's sitting the "3rd line" tonight.)

Also, wondering if Levi will have his hands full in the next one getting primarily an AHL squad or if they'll give him this roster but with McLeod's line in for one of the other ones.