Benson and Kulich

mjd1001

Who is the better play for the Sabres over the next 3 seasons? Kulich or Benson?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of those 2 do you think contributes the most to Sabres wins over the next 3 years, the 'better player'...Kulich? or Benson?

• Benson
    • Kulich

A lot is being made of how good Kulich looks, but he hasn't shown it yet against NHL competition.

Benson, he hasn't produced at a super high level but as a young rookie played a solid game all around.

As they both get experience and older, who is eventually better?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

I really would like Kulich to play so well in camp he forces himself on the team, so we can actually get a better answer to this.

Tbh, you're comparing a 20yr old Kulich with 3 pro seasons to a 19yr old Benson with 1. Yet Benson is still better and personally with the exception of goals, will continue to be better. That said Kulich has lots of top 6 potential. 

• Like (+1) 2

Over the next 3 seasons: Benson.

I think by the end of this season, the line we're all going to want on the ice is Benson-Cozens-Quinn. I think next season, the 5-on-5 time on ice will reflect that. By the season after that, I think they'll prove they can work together or apart and don't fold up shop in the playoffs, either.

Long term, I think Benson will be a top-18 (surpassing Eichel) in Sabres career scoring and stays ahead of Kulich for the duration of their Sabres careers.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1