Around the NHL: 2024-2025 Season

That Aud Smell

4 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

That seems like a lot for a 31 year old guy who has never played 50 games in a season (except in Rochester once).  

Swayman reset the goalie market, as intended. Now a #1 is going to be looking for Vasilevskiy money.

Levi's agent is tenting his fingers and smiling.

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Swayman reset the goalie market, as intended. Now a #1 is going to be looking for Vasilevskiy money.

Good news for us, if he's the back up, he can't play games with numbers over UPL

17 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Daccord just got 5x$5M from the Kraken for 69 games of NHL experience. He was a UFA at the end of the season and was an original octopus expansion pick.

Good job, Swayman!

nah goalie landscape been barren for years, some might nog get why adams chose this way with our goalie situation, but I sure do.

4 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

And his former platoon partner just got the same exact annual figure.  That's no coincidence.

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Daccord just got 5x$5M from the Kraken for 69 games of NHL experience. He was a UFA at the end of the season and was an original octopus expansion pick.

Good job, Swayman!

Seattle started Grubauer last night, lots of money for a backup. Daccord played like a number one last year but Gru was supposed to be the guy.

Well, the Leafs are better than the Sabres, but might be just as frustrating for some fans:

-Matthews, $13.25m per year, multiple time 60+ goal scorer

-Nylander, $11.5m per year, 2 points shy of 100 last season

-Tavares, $11.0 m per year

-Marner, $10.9m per year

What does that get you in terms of exciting, high powered hockey?

-haven't scored more than 2 goals in the last 6 games

-3 wins in the last 12 games (non preseason)

-Playoffs last year and first game this year,  12 total goals in last 8 games (1.5 goals per game)

-12 games in a row since they won a game in which they scored more than 3 goals.

Edited by mjd1001

13 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Forgot Olofsson was in Vegas. Nice early goal for him. He will probably score 25-30 fairly easily on that team. 

I always thought the hate for olofsson was overblown. Maybe he's not the 2nd coming of Bob Gainey, but he can put pucks in nets... Something this team sorely lacks.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Olofsson with 2, Mittelstadt with 1 and Eichel with 3 assists through 40 minutes. Meanwhile the Sabres struggle to score 1 goal per game. Lol 

Yep sounds about right. 

Just about to post this.  Both VO and Mitts on the 1st PP for their teams.  The Adams lead Sabres have no idea how to utilize their players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Good job, Swayman!

UPL looks like a bargain now for sure. Ullmark with the same money as Swayman nota surprise (boy are those guys close friends :)) but D'Accord was a surprise. One year of good play. Risky. Goalies are weird. 

Upset night tonight. Shut outs galore. Montreal goalie will want more money too soon . 

7 hours ago, ASlugAbove said:

Oloffson has 2 goals tonight bcuz of course he does

I get why they moved on but i always liked Oloffson. 

Some people in Buffalo acted like a former 30 goal scorer and sniper grows on trees.  So yeah, now that he's with a good team his talents will come out even more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I get why they moved on but i always liked Oloffson. 

Some people in Buffalo acted like a former 30 goal scorer and sniper grows on trees.  So yeah, now that he's with a good team his talents will come out even more.

Just wait until VO pulls an Evan Rodriques in the playoffs while the Sabres are still sitting at home.

Incomplete player, absolutely. But in the right setup and having a playmaker to draw eyes away... he's a 20G scorer, and not everyone can be that.

I still think that in 5 more years you can look around and see VO had a really nice little career with 160 goals and played for 4-5 teams, and he got traded for once at the deadline as additional playoff scoring help. And 10 years from now he's a "remember some guys" guy. Remember when VO had "Gimme Gimme Gimme" as his goal song?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Just wait until VO pulls an Evan Rodriques in the playoffs while the Sabres are still sitting at home.

Incomplete player, absolutely. But in the right setup and having a playmaker to draw eyes away... he's a 20G scorer, and not everyone can be that.

Agreed, agreed. We'll see, but I believe this is how it shakes out. Dude can effing SHOOT the sh1t out of the puck. A rare talent.

He does need the right situation.

It's been generations, and the Sabres are never the team that can provide that "right situation" for an incomplete player who does one thing (or maybe a few things) extremely well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1