Around the NHL: 2024-2025 Season

That Aud Smell

16 hours ago, Jorcus said:

Ivan Ivan scores in the loss for the Avalanche. I don't know if he is any good but you have to like his name.

You missed an Ivan there.  There's three of them. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If Tampa gets a direct hit from Hurricane Melvin, they are predicting a 15 ft storm surge. Amalie Arena is right on the water downtown. They may not be able to play home games for a very long time. I wonder what a plan B would entail? Games in Orlando? Jacksonville? Syracuse? Then the players and their families and homes? How do you think about hockey with this going on?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Why is Seattle playing in the early afternoon on a Tuesday? 

It is odd, for sure, but as part of the (North American) season opener tripleheader, Blues/Kraken is the logical one to kick out of primetime. Bruins/Panthers is the clear primetime kickoff (banner raising and a good matchup) and Bedard/Utah makes sense to get on the opening slate out west.

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Watching the Panthers tonight after the two Sabres games is an experience in seeing two polar opposite teams. 

With ex-Sabres still on it remember. panthers not missing the players they lost and the cast offs in their system looked good too. Greer and Boquist both former waiver players Sabres could have picked up last year or the year before. Amazing what a good system and players that buy into it make. 

Now the good news is Boston looked slow and stupid so the Sabres are now only 1 game behind them in the standings. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

So in SportsNet's eyes, the Eulers are the new Loafs?

That's a LOT of faith in Jeff Skinner.  😉 

Not a shock they'd pick the Oilers. Were in the final, they have McJesus and it's a Canadian team. 

My question on the Oilers would be is the other Skinner actually any good or was his playoff run a one off? I'm not sure he's the real deal. Their D isn't good either. But sure, if things go well they could be there.