Around the NHL: 2024-2025 Season

That Aud Smell

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

You never change your mind talking to anybody and you always make assumptions while ignoring what people say. Nothing new here. I've seen every single Owen Power NHL game and every single Mason Lohrei NHL game (except for one exhibition game). Have you? No need to answer. I know it doesn't matter to you either way. 

I have said repeatedly I think in time Owen Power could be very good and thus better than Lohrei. Right now though, he is not. 

I just don't believe one guys internet opinion when it's not backed by anything other than "because I said so" from your end. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I just don't believe one guys internet opinion when it's not backed by anything other than "because I said so" from your end. 

Sure. I know you love your analytics and you should enjoy that. I also know you have no respect for the opinion of someone who played hockey and has watched the game for 50+ years. Okay, I'm just some internet guy to you and so be it. Don't worry about it. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sure. I know you love your analytics and you should enjoy that. I also know you have no respect for the opinion of someone who played hockey and has watched the game for 50+ years. Okay, I'm just some internet guy to you and so be it. Don't worry about it. 

As I said, you prefer the style of how Lohrei plays defense. 

Owen Power by any metric we want, has been better though. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

As I said, you prefer the style of how Lohrei plays defense. 

Owen Power by any metric we want, has been better though. 

You really don't know what you are talking about. Lohrei is not that physical. He's big, but he's not that different from Power in terms of physicality. 

• dislike 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You really don't know what you are talking about. Lohrei is not that physical. He's big, but he's not that different from Power in terms of physicality. 

Yet just about every Lohrei metric is worse than Power but because he's a Bruin, he's better. And your justification is "trust me." At Even Strength Owen Power absolutely wrecks Lohrei while also playing tougher minutes being 2 years younger and being on what was a worse team defensively overall. I truly cannot believe in 2024 I have to defend that Owen freaking Power is better at hockey than Mason Lohrei. 

Lohrei_RAMP.thumb.jpeg.8db9ba343ba22cbdfab7e61937c3fab2.jpeg

Power_RAMP.thumb.jpeg.43af4065b6272726d09cd53fa14ca61d.jpeg

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yet just about every Lohrei metric is worse than Power but because he's a Bruin, he's better. And your justification is "trust me"

No idea who Lohrei is, but if dude's a Bruin and can't outpace Power's metrics, then what is the argument even about?

Also, the block function can be your friend. I went over 15 years without using it much, but, of late, have used it more freely. It's made my experience on this board much more pleasant.

Like Utah Phillips once said: "I went on a low social cholesterol diet ... no more fat heads."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

No idea who Lohrei is, but if dude's a Bruin and can't outpace Power's metrics, then what is the argument even about?

Also, the block function can be your friend. I went over 15 years without using it much, but, of late, have used it more freely. It's made my experience on this board much more pleasant.

Can we just change the username to OrrForever and be done with it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yet just about every Lohrei metric is worse than Power but because he's a Bruin, he's better. And your justification is "trust me." At Even Strength Owen Power absolutely wrecks Lohrei while also playing tougher minutes being 2 years younger and being on what was a worse team defensively overall. I truly cannot believe in 2024 I have to defend that Owen freaking Power is better at hockey than Mason Lohrei. 

Lohrei_RAMP.thumb.jpeg.8db9ba343ba22cbdfab7e61937c3fab2.jpeg

Power_RAMP.thumb.jpeg.43af4065b6272726d09cd53fa14ca61d.jpeg

The biggest irony is Connor Clifton had better metrics in his final two seasons playing in the Boston System, particularly 2022-23 under Montgomery. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I can't remember where I heard this (I think one of the Athletic's Hockey Podcasts), but the person speaking made the point that arbitration hearings had changed in recent years and that teams largely understood that it was not healthy for a long-term relationship with a player to tear them down in arbitration. Teams have apparently moved more towards being positive and presenting comparable contracts that supported their position, than to the former method of going on about how a player is not as good as he thinks he is and providing all the reasons and evidence for why.  The Bruins are apparently more old school when it come to arbitration.   

Still, I fully anticipate that Korpisalo will have a career year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Oddly Swayman claims he's educated himself on the "business side" and understands that side and yet he's still whining about his hurt "feelings" from arbitration. Sorry, that's "business".   Bruins fans polled came out around 80-20 siding with management on this. Swayman's favor is disappearing fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oddly Swayman claims he's educated himself on the "business side" and understands that side and yet he's still whining about his hurt "feelings" from arbitration. Sorry, that's "business".   Bruins fans polled came out around 80-20 siding with management on this. Swayman's favor is disappearing fast. 

That ratio is gonna swap fast if Boston’s season starts to go to hell.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

That ratio is gonna swap fast if Boston’s season starts to go to hell.

Possibly. If Korpisalo and/or Bussi sucks. At the moment the fans are firmly anti Swayman though. I mean how would you feel if UPL was holding out for 8 million? His numbers weren't all that much worse than Swayman's and aside from the playoffs he played more games. 

Saros has earned his contract with more proven games. How is Swayman's realistic number not somewhere between UPL and Saros? His ask is ridiculous. So the Bruins might be screwed. 

7 hours ago, spndnchz said:

No GDT UNTIL THE DAY OV

In what time zone?  The one the poster is in?  The time zone the game is in?  Eastern Time because that's the Sabres home time zone?

This is why time zones suck.