Around the NHL: 2024-2025 Season

That Aud Smell

On 10/10/2024 at 10:24 AM, GoPuckYourself said:

Brutal watching Olofsson score 2 and Mittlestadt got 1 also. It's mind blowing to me and a bit sad.

Lol no it isn't. Because he'll turn around and be invisible for 40 games. 

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

All those names are cool but the newest guy sounds like a villain's civilian name

Stupid Otters just went up 7-6 1/2 way through the 3rd period.

Kings have 6 goals on only 20 shots.

4 PP goals for the Otters on 6 opportunities.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And now 7-7.

If Kings stay out of the box, they should pull it out.

Or not.  Otters won in OT.  Foegle had a chance as the buzzer went but couldn't get the puck to his stick.  (Had a wide open net if he could've handled the pass.)

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would say that our own draft steal was JJP. The GM moved back up in the second to ***** him. His relatively quick production has proven that the trade up was an astute move. And it is evident that he has even more potential to draw from to make that year's draft maneuver to be very smart and calculating. 

20 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Honest question. I wonder how this board would have reacted - at the time - if the Sabres had selected a 5'10" 176 pound defenseman early in the second round? And this has nothing to do with Leinonen.

After just spending 3 firsts on these draft height/weights: 5-9 179, 5-11 165, and 5-11 178.

And the prior year's 3 firsts and seconds (on Forwards, Power being tall) on these forwards: 5-11 161, 6-0 176, 5-10 150

And with the then-immediate-D pipeline featuring Bryson, R Johnson, and Laaksonen and with Jokiharju already in the lineup...

I'm sure 'Space would've been pretty receptive.

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

Honest question. I wonder how this board would have reacted - at the time - if the Sabres had selected a 5'10" 176 pound defenseman early in the second round? And this has nothing to do with Leinonen.

Don't think anyone here actually liked that pic, so yeah that defenseman might have had some on this board go apeshit but not 100% not liking the pic.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Reminder that the Sabres being so far below the cap while claiming to be in a win now mode is utter *****. 

But the Sabres need all that cap space to sign players in the future while none of those teams apparently have any players to sign so they can spend all their money now.😜

It is either Pegula telling Adams he can’t spend to the cap and Adams lying to the media and fans about it or Adams is just incompetent at managing a Cap. I strongly believe it’s Pegula.

Bringing in Ruff and keeping all the other coaches should be a tip off to that. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

But the Sabres need all that cap space to sign players in the future while none of those teams apparently have any players to sign so they can spend all their money now.😜

It is either Pegula telling Adams he can’t spend to the cap and Adams lying to the media and fans about it or Adams is just incompetent at managing a Cap. I strongly believe it’s Pegula.

Bringing in Ruff and keeping all the other coaches should be a tip off to that. 

I agree. It also creates a situation where we do not have many NHL experienced subs to call up should we get into a heavy injury period. We will be relying on an all rookie/prospect call up squad. Very unlikely that would go well.