• Lafferty McLeod Aube-Kubel
  • Malenstyn, Kulich

Defence

• Power Dahlin (before he got hurt)
  • Mule Clifton
  • Byram Jokiharju
  • Bryson Gilbert

Levi and UPL in the net.

Mildly surprised Krebs is penciled in at 3C.  Hopefully not TOO many heads explode over that.  Will be interesting to see if he can hold onto it.

There is a logic to the D pairings.  Hopefully it's just a tweak keeping Dahlin out of practice today.  (So tired of not being allowed to have nice things.)

Sounds like they skated hard today. 

Ruff mentioned how he felt bad for the guys in the 2nd session as this is the 1st time he ever started TC with the NHLers & AHLers segregated on day 1, but due to heading to Europe camp is compressed this year.

Ready for them to start playing for real.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

Sounded like there was Kulich was subbing in with the top 6 a lot (and presumably Malenstyn with the bottom 6?)

Makes sense.  GR was fading in & out so didn't hear Hammie's comments on it.

But apparently Levi is running w/ old school brown pads.  (Makes sense.  If he goes down, the Sabres pads look out of place.  Smart kid.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Krebs hit Thompson that caused Thompson to get hurt? or 'threw a hit' on Thompson?  There is a difference.

I can't think that in the first 10 minutes of practice in camp that are allowing/encouraging full contact on each other.

Well, my hope for this season, and I have been saying this all offseason. 1.) Thompson is good enough to score 50.  2.) Dahlin plays like a top 5 D-man in the league. Those were the 2 most important things to me for the season.

If Dahlin and Thompson are both hurt 15 minutes into camp..wow.

He’s a huge dude who’s already turning 27 with an injury history. Big players generally break down much sooner, and NHL prime already ends in your 20s. Waiting on prospects never made sense, like I said. Oh well. Hope it’s minor. 

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Mildly surprised Krebs is penciled in at 3C.  Hopefully not TOO many heads explode over that.  Will be interesting to see if he can hold onto it.

There is a logic to the D pairings.  Hopefully it's just a tweak keeping Dahlin out of practice today.  (So tired of not being allowed to have nice things.)

Sounds like they skated hard today. 

Ruff mentioned how he felt bad for the guys in the 2nd session as this is the 1st time he ever started TC with the NHLers & AHLers segregated on day 1, but due to heading to Europe camp is compressed this year.

Ready for them to start playing for real.

3C is way too high for him on a depth chart. But I’ll take it over 2C

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He’s a huge dude who’s already turning 27 with an injury history. Big players generally break down much sooner, and NHL prime already ends in your 20s. Waiting on prospects never made sense, like I said. Oh well. Hope it’s minor. 

3C is way too high for him on a depth chart. But I’ll take it over 2C

Pretty much all the F's were where the ended the year (not counting the new ones obviously) so it's very possible Ruff was merely having guys play w/ who they were with last year to keep up the fast pace of practice.  Will be interesting to hear what the lines are tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

"mid-range"?   Could be lower back or abdominal? 

Or just your garden variety explosive diarrhea from all the wings he ate at the pre-camp team outing last night.

We're back to good ol' Ruff injury reports: 

Is he even injured? Where? It's body-related.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Now we can wait for the conspiracy theories that he had an off season injury from training and he faked it until camp. 

So you just believe all the lies Kevin Adams tells? Boy are you naive! 

Rasmus, or whatever his real name is, wasn't really even on the ice or in the city today, that's pretty obvious. The propaganda machine can't even get their facts straight saying he "threw a pass" and was hurt. Ya right. Of course the usual suspects are all in on this, The Clintons, G. Gorden Liddy, Hunt, all of them! I think a few cat eaters were seen around the rink earlier in the week, too. Man its getting bad 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1