Sabres Training Camp Thread

Brawndo

A thought occurs to me, belatedly.

I b1tched upthread about how Terry was cheap because he wasn't sending his broadcasters to Europe.

There was other chatter herein about why the Sabres were going to Europe for such a long period of time.

And, yeah. That started to sink in for me: Christ they've been there a while, haven't they? And they don't even play until the weekend?

The trip must be costing the team a mint.

giphy.webp

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

A thought occurs to me, belatedly.

I b1tched upthread about how Terry was cheap because he wasn't sending his broadcasters to Europe.

There was other chatter herein about why the Sabres were going to Europe for such a long period of time.

And, yeah. That started to sink in for me: Christ they've been there a while, haven't they? And they don't even play until the weekend?

The trip must be costing the team a mint.

giphy.webp

No no, you simply flex. They say Czechia is cheap compared to the rest of Europe. Therefore, Terry is cheap because we are playing in Czechia and not in, say, Switzerland. Yeah, that's the ticket.

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So, I think they needed a few extra bodies, but you can say Kulich and Rousek were on this trip for sure because they are Czech.  That makes it look like without those 2, Krebs would be the 'odd man out', the '13th forward' who doesn't make the opening night roster.

Personally, I thought Greenway had a chance of not making the opening night roster, and even a slight chance he could be moved. Guess I was WAY wrong on that. Not only has he been on that 3rd line all camp, Lindy talked about him this morning (or yesterday) and was just gushing about him. Seems to really REALLY like his play.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

So, I think they needed a few extra bodies, but you can say Kulich and Rousek were on this trip for sure because they are Czech.  That makes it look like without those 2, Krebs would be the 'odd man out', the '13th forward' who doesn't make the opening night roster.

Personally, I thought Greenway had a chance of not making the opening night roster, and even a slight chance he could be moved. Guess I was WAY wrong on that. Not only has he been on that 3rd line all camp, Lindy talked about him this morning (or yesterday) and was just gushing about him. Seems to really REALLY like his play.

I totally want Greenway on this team for the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Which is to say, I think I'm granting myself an "L" on the Terry's cheap rant.

Clown Losing GIF by Travis

I mean, Terry is still a cheap bastage.

It's just that the agenda of this European trip may not be evidence of that.

And @Thorner you should remove your disagree reaction in deference to the super def gif I found.

18 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I mean, Terry is still a cheap bastage.

It's just that the agenda of this European trip may not be evidence of that.

And @Thorner you should remove your disagree reaction in deference to the super def gif I found.

Fair enough. Your plea has been taken under consideration.

…and REJECTED

Edited by Thorner
just jAshing
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Global Series is a NHL Tentpole event with sponsorship coming from Fastenal. 
The league sends at least one team early on an ambassador tour and has them play a local team.

I’m pretty sure that the NHL with the help of Fastenal, picks up most if not all of the associated travel costs 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Just read that Pesce is hurt and didn’t travel to Prague with the Devils.

So they will be down L. Hughes and Pesce.

Need to jump on them and get 2 Ws

Oh you think I'm funny? 

No, I don't know how I'm funny...you said it.

How am I funny? Funny How?

Am I clown? Do you think I'm here to entertain you?

Joe Pesci Goodfellas GIF

Edited by matter2003
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Global Series is a NHL Tentpole event with sponsorship coming from Fastenal. 
The league sends at least one team early on an ambassador tour and has them play a local team.

I’m pretty sure that the NHL with the help of Fastenal, picks up most if not all of the associated travel costs 

Well that changes things quite a bit.

I’m back to thinking Terry’s a tight wad for not sending the team’s broadcasters.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Would say Kulich and Rousek are on this trip because should an entire line get food poisoning the night before one of the Joisey games the team needed enough bodies to fill in.  Why Kulich and Rousek?  Because of the Amerks they are the guy closest to grabbing a top 6 role and the guy closest to grabbing a bottom 6 role respectively so should a 2nd F get injured after Krebs slips into the lineup one of these 2 do as well and it's a matter of who got hurt to determine which one slides into the lineup.

Who else would've been next man up if not those 2?  Rosen?  Murray?  Really doubt it personally.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I totally want Greenway on this team for the playoffs. 

There’s a small but vocal group that’s been eager to ship him out almost since he arrived.

I don’t get it. Every team can use a 230-pound defensively sound winger.

Maybe it’s more about what he’s not (mean) than what he is?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The past two performances by Sandstrom solidify my belief there is NFW the Sabres can risk putting Reimer on waivers. If he gets claimed Sandstrom is one injury away from being the Sabres Backup 

They still have Houser, right?  And Ratzlaff could be good for a couple game emergency call up.

But, yeah, Sandstrom is scary bad right now.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They still have Houser, right?  And Ratzlaff could be good for a couple game emergency call up.

But, yeah, Sandstrom is scary bad right now.

Ratzlaff is 19, plays in the WHL so not Rochester eligible, and isn't even signed to his elc. He's not an option. 

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ratzlaff is 19, plays in the WHL so not Rochester eligible, and isn't even signed to his elc. He's not an option. 

No flippin' Schlitz, Sherlock.

The post you replied to was responding to one stating that the SABRES would be a single injury from having Sandstrom as the backup if Reimer is waived and claimed.  The Amerks in a BEST CASE would be 1 injury from having Sandstrom as the backup.  (Running w/ Levi/Reimer and Houser is THEIR best case scenario.)

Ratzlaff WOULD BE eligible to get a Sabres callup in an emergency basis.  So, YES, he IS an option.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No flippin' Schlitz, Sherlock.

The post you replied to was responding to one stating that the SABRES would be a single injury from having Sandstrom as the backup if Reimer is waived and claimed.  The Amerks in a BEST CASE would be 1 injury from having Sandstrom as the backup.  (Running w/ Levi/Reimer and Houser is THEIR best case scenario.)

Ratzlaff WOULD BE eligible to get a Sabres callup in an emergency basis.  So, YES, he IS an option.

No he isn't. He hasn't signed a contract. I just checked EP again. 

• Disagree 1