Sabres Training Camp Thread

Brawndo

Put this elsewhere but guess it should go here instead:

Kind of surprised they have 7 goalies in camp.  Wonder if they're planning on loaning #5 to a different AHL team, #7 to a different ECHL team, or God forbid bring back the 3 headed monster.

Maybe 1 or 2 of them are still Juniors eligible?

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Kind of surprised they have 7 goalies in camp.  Wonder if they're planning on loaning #5 to a different AHL team, #7 to a different ECHL team, or God forbid bring back the 3 headed monster.

Houser always starts in the ECHL and ends up in Rochester when injuries happen 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sabres announced he will not be returning to practice 

He was the first one on the ice, so I don't think he's sick or something minor like that...Possibly the absolute worst thing that could happen to this franchise right now...if your best player gets hurt 20 minutes into training camp.

Hopefully its nothing long term.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Nice way to celebrate the new 2-year contract extension, eh Krebs?

Krebs hit Thompson that caused Thompson to get hurt? or 'threw a hit' on Thompson?  There is a difference.

I can't think that in the first 10 minutes of practice in camp that are allowing/encouraging full contact on each other.

Well, my hope for this season, and I have been saying this all offseason. 1.) Thompson is good enough to score 50.  2.) Dahlin plays like a top 5 D-man in the league. Those were the 2 most important things to me for the season.

If Dahlin and Thompson are both hurt 15 minutes into camp..wow.

Edited by mjd1001

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Krebs hit Thompson that caused Thompson to get hurt? or 'threw a hit' on Thompson?  There is a difference.

I can't think that in the first 10 minutes of practice in camp that are allowing/encouraging full contact on each other.

New sheriff in town?

It struck me as odd, by the way -- that Krebs delivered a body check to Thompson on the first day of camp.

IMO KA’s best press conference since he took the job.  Thought he was as open as could be and liked his explanations for his roster moves.  Thought he also dispelled the rumor of TP handicapping him with an Internal budget.  I never bought into that anyway. 

Not that it matters but I now understand the Mitts trade and Skinner buyout.   Always thought Ralph demoted Skinner based on Eichel’s wishes and now I’d bet Tage felt the same. 

• Disagree 1

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

There’s only 4 guys there with NHL contracts. That’s your NHL/AHL split right there. 

• Thanks (+1) 1