Peyton Krebs signs 2 year 1.45 million AAV contract

Brawndo

1 hour ago, ska-T Chitown said:

You could probably identify a player equal to or worse on nearly every team's roster. Had we gotten him for a 3rd instead of the "center piece" of the Eichel trade, I think he would get complained about far less often.

But he was never a centerpiece.  He was an add-in with some upside, an unproven prospect.  Tuch was always the centerpiece and he's lived up to his end of the bargain.  Anything out of Krebs and the draft picks are bonus imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ska-T Chitown said:

You could probably identify a player equal to or worse on nearly every team's roster. Had we gotten him for a 3rd instead of the "center piece" of the Eichel trade, I think he would get complained about far less often.

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

centerpiece of the Eichel trade?   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If Krebs plays better all year, my opinion will change. 

Last was probably the best overall game I’ve seen from Krebs as a Sabres. That said, I agree with you that the jury is still out on Krebs and I don’t see the long-term fit.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Last was probably the best overall game I’ve seen from Krebs as a Sabres. That said, I agree with you that the jury is still out on Krebs and I don’t see the long-term fit.

I think likely best case scenario is he competes as a bottom 6 center, and/or is the 13th forward who ends up playing 60+ games a year for he because he fills in for injuries or is the 'first guy in' when someone needs rest or to be benched.

I think there is a slight chance he could develop into something more (a #2/#3 center) but to be a quality player at that level, the chances are there but at this point very small.

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There's always a long term fit (5ish years) for a player that can slide around your bottom 9 at wing or center. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doohicksie said:

But he was never a centerpiece.  He was an add-in with some upside, an unproven prospect.  Tuch was always the centerpiece and he's lived up to his end of the bargain.  Anything out of Krebs and the draft picks are bonus imo.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

centerpiece of the Eichel trade?   

No, you are right - he was just the young prospect coming back ... so that actually enhances my point - we have seen it over and over; sabrespace (in general, not you two) craps on a player without giving them credit for playing the role that they do. Sometimes it feels like some folks think other teams are nothing but 12 Stamkos-like players and forget the Zemgus is now a serviceable player on TB's 4th line. I am actually generally happy with most of what I have seen out of Krebsie this year.