Peyton Krebs signs 2 year 1.45 million AAV contract

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, BlowLeafsBlow123 said:

Thoughts on this deal? Seems like many of us might've viewed him differently than the organization. I see him as the extra forward but this deal would lead me to believe he's in the starting lineup night one.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but my memory is this is at or below what all the other 1-way bottom of the roster forwards are making.

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That's about .20 too much IMPO. 1.25 for 2 years sounds better but whatever. At least it is 2 years so you have control and if he hits, cool and if he doesn't you can trade him or waive him or bench him. To me, that screams "he's gonna start on our 4th line" but I guess camp will decide. 

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'm too lazy to look it up, but my memory is this is at or below what all the other 1-way bottom of the roster forwards are making.

Malestyn is 1.35

Kubel is 1.5

Lafferty is 2.0

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BlowLeafsBlow123 said:

Thoughts on this deal? Seems like many of us might've viewed him differently than the organization. I see him as the extra forward but this deal would lead me to believe he's in the starting lineup night one.

The Sabres have three guys on ELCs: Peterka, Benson and Quinn.

Putting them aside, he's the 9th-highest paid of the other 10 — a fraction behind Aube-Kubel and a fraction ahead of Malenstyn.

The 2nd year is confirmation that the organization is not done with him the way some fans are. I'm not surprised that's the case and I actually agree with it.

Edited by dudacek

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's about .20 too much IMPO. 1.25 for 2 years sounds better but whatever. At least it is 2 years so you have control and if he hits, cool and if he doesn't you can trade him or waive him or bench him. To me, that screams "he's gonna start on our 4th line" but I guess camp will decide. 

Malestyn is 1.35

Kubel is 1.5

Lafferty is 2.0

Alternative way to look at the numbers: it's a $400,000 cap hit if he gets waived and sent to Rochester. Malestyn is $300k, Kubel is $450K, and Lafferty is $995K.

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Of course he does.

In line with Aube-Kubel and Malenstyn, and what Adams has done with other 2nd-contract guys yet to break through.

Affordable, with some upside and little risk for the Sabres.

Gives Krebs a bit of security and the ego-boost of knowing he's more than a minimum wage guy, and still a factor in their long-term plans.

Personally, I don't have high hopes of an impact player, but I still see potential for a glue guy. Always liked his commitment.

Glad he will be in camp and looking forward to seeing whether he can make any progress under Lindy.

Well said. My thoughts also. Not going to transform the team but good to have him at a good price.  

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Sabres have three guys on ELCs: Peterka, Benson and Quinn.

Putting them aside, he's the 9th-highest paid of the other 10 — a fraction behind Aube-Kubel and a fraction ahead of Malenstyn.

The 2nd year is confirmation that the organization is not done with him the way some fans are. I'm not surprised that's the case and I actually agree with it.

2nd year also makes him more tradeable too. Cheap contract with term…..

• Like (+1) 1