GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Pittsburgh Penguins (Prospect Challenge) 9/16/24, 5:00 pm

bob_sauve28

I only saw the second half but that looked like Sabres hockey. Fast and skilled but soft with multiple defensive breakdowns. We need more defensive prospects. Same players were the best players and are the only ones with a chance to crack the roster.

Pittsburgh on the other hand has some nice prospects that look more like NHL bound. idk who this Hayes guy is but he's headed for the NHL at some point almost certainly. 

Looking at the box scores, Östlund finished the Prospects Tournament with 0 points. 

As a 20yo taken 16th overall, you'd hope to see him somewhere in the Kulich / Rosen ballpark. 

I didn't watch a lot of the games, but when I did Kulich and to a lesser extent Rosen jumped off the page.

What's the deal with Östlund? 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Looking at the box scores, Östlund finished the Prospects Tournament with 0 points. 

As a 20yo taken 16th overall, you'd hope to see him somewhere in the Kulich / Rosen ballpark. 

I didn't watch a lot of the games, but when I did Kulich and to a lesser extent Rosen jumped off the page.

What's the deal with Östlund? 

He looked good, though.

• Disagree 1