Is Jack Quinn poised for a big season?

dudacek

Jack Quinn  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of season are you expecting from Quinn this year?

• A true breakout year, the kind that will bring national attention (flirting with the 40/40 range)
    • One that confirms him as a core forward in Buffalo, on the level of Tuch or Cozens (30/30+?)
    • A solid top-6 season (25/25)
    • Mildly disappointing, kinda like his rookie level (20/20)
    • More injuries that prevent us from seeing his potential, the kid is made of glass

I've said it a bunch here: Quinn's my favourite player on the roster right now. I just love watching him compete and operate.

He's gonna be SUCH a good effing hockey player for years to come. I do hope it's with the Sabres.**

Quinn's game is going to be tailor made for the playoffs too.

** But, you never know, there could be some cost-controlled elite slightly underperforming prospect out there who might catch Terry's/Kevyn's eye.

• Agree 1

Just some food for thought:

Since the days when Pat Lafontiane skated for the Sabres in 1995, the team has had a total of 7 player seasons of 80+ points. 7 in 30 years. We’ve made the playoffs 9 times in that stretch. 

The last time a player as young as Quinn had 80, we have to go back to 2018/19 and Jack Eichel. Before him, to find the last player to be 23 or younger in a sabres sweeter and reach 80 we’d have to go back to Alexander Mogilny in 1992-1993.

Since Pat:

Briere, Vanek / Roy, Pominville / Eichel / Thompson, Tuch

If Quinn does reach 80, it’ll be a Sabres season for the ages relatively. I’m here for it 

Edited by Thorny
Edit: forgot Jeffrey Skinner in 22-23, 3 guys that year!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/16/2024 at 2:13 PM, Thorny said:

Just some food for thought:

Since the days when Pat Lafontiane skated for the Sabres in 1995, the team has had a total of 7 player seasons of 80+ points. 7 in 30 years. We’ve made the playoffs 9 times in that stretch. 

The last time a player as young as Quinn had 80, we have to go back to 2018/19 and Jack Eichel. Before him, to find the last player to be 23 or younger in a sabres sweeter and reach 80 we’d have to go back to Alexander Mogilny in 1992-1993.

Since Pat:

Briere, Vanek / Roy, Pominville / Eichel / Thompson, Tuch

If Quinn does reach 80, it’ll be a Sabres season for the ages relatively. I’m here for it 

Yep.

• Like (+1) 1