Is Jack Quinn poised for a big season?

dudacek

Jack Quinn  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of season are you expecting from Quinn this year?

• A true breakout year, the kind that will bring national attention (flirting with the 40/40 range)
    • One that confirms him as a core forward in Buffalo, on the level of Tuch or Cozens (30/30+?)
    • A solid top-6 season (25/25)
    • Mildly disappointing, kinda like his rookie level (20/20)
    • More injuries that prevent us from seeing his potential, the kid is made of glass

Nice piece in the Buffalo News about Quinn’s injuries and his rehab.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nhl/sabres/buffalo-sabres-jack-quinn-injuries/article_468589f6-6eb3-11ef-88a4-675da521b7b7.html

I’m seeing a lot of pretty high expectations for the kid around here this summer.

I’ve been a fan since before we drafted him. He seems like a pretty easy guy to cheer for.

• Like (+1) 1

Quinn has the most scoring upside of any player we have. He very good at finding open ice to shoot from in front of the net, he also has the shot to make it count. He does seem to cheat up ice from the D zone too often and he has an annoying habit of rapping his stick on the ice when he is open. It's not juniors anymore the other guys will find you, no sense in telling the other team where you are. Lindy will make adjustments.

• Like (+1) 3

He's gonna to shock ppl around here. 

3 hours ago, Jorcus said:

Quinn has the most scoring upside of any player we have. He very good at finding open ice to shoot from in front of the net, he also has the shot to make it count. He does seem to cheat up ice from the D zone too often and he has an annoying habit of rapping his stick on the ice when he is open. It's not juniors anymore the other guys will find you, no sense in telling the other team where you are. Lindy will make adjustments.

Disagree. 

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Who is he going to shock? The 13 out of 14 who voted he’d have *at least* a solid top 6 season? Everyone thinks he’s awesome 

I guess MJD will be shocked 

When he's a ppg player and drops 40g ppl will be shocked. No need to be a dick about what I said. 

39 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

When he's a ppg player and drops 40g ppl will be shocked. No need to be a dick about what I said. 

Wasnt at all, but ok lol. 

But since you asked for it:

Your endless posting about how Quinn is going to be “better than what everyone else but me” thinks is incredibly redundant. But more importantly see-though: you want to come back with some big “See? See! I called it!” when he comes back with a great season, and no one is picking up what you are putting down lol. Everyone thinks he’s really good: you aren’t ahead of the curve 

• Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Wasnt at all, but ok lol. 

But since you asked for it:

Your endless posting about how Quinn is going to be “better than what everyone else but me” thinks is incredibly redundant. But more importantly see-though: you want to come back with some big “See? See! I called it!” when he comes back with a great season, and no one is picking up what you are putting down lol. Everyone thinks he’s really good: you aren’t ahead of the curve 

You're a jerk and have been getting worse and worse the last year. I don't think I'm the only one and considering all the trash posters in here who thump their chests whenever they are even mildly right, thxs.

15ppl versus 6 but sure, what you said. Thorny the magnificent, all hail. Careful though, it's lonely at the top of that pedestal you're on. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You're a jerk and have been getting worse and worse the last year. I don't think I'm the only one and considering all the trash posters in here who thump their chests whenever they are even mildly right, thxs.

15ppl versus 6 but sure, what you said. Thorny the magnificent, all hail. Careful though, it's lonely at the top of that pedestal you're on. 

You called me a d*ck unprompted, out of nowhere, and now you are just rambling 

Frankly you should have gotten a warning 

- - - 

The irony of you saying the place is full of “trash posters” (it isn’t), and apparently im the jerk

U be posting unhinged. In honesty, you post as if you consider your content to be elevated from the pack, but in reality it’s not standing out in a positive way

the Jeff Skinner of posters  

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

This season? 

I feel like Quinn could be a Reinhart with better pure athletic ability 

Not this season but reasonably soon 

That great hockey sense, the ability to win battles in a seemingly endless number of ways, the correlation with the ability to deflect the puck in close..I mention Mark Stone a lot but but that’s sort of how I see Reinhart too, but without as much of that raw ability that I believe Quinn has 

- - -

I see him headed for something around 60 points this year

But I mean if he has 60 goals by midway through I wouldn’t be shocked 

Edited by Thorny

44 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Let me help you out here, I think you might need one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/LOAAO-Farmhouse-Rectangle-Horizontally-Vertically/dp/B0C4H7Q262/ref=sr_1_8?crid=22YNHB3WEV08S&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.3vvLHVCUQeDfBZVF39kddu6y8OADdLbygaccHDEGj5kfkQjnCkJt-Ivj85ueJCbFErUjiQdMVIr_HW1C6Ti0B5vFj12p9i6wBvByv5WcVdeNszckwTBDt1kb3_iY7ojmPgoG_hSy8R_ExcvGFJJFcxdlytgu2MkKYQ98ggfOWX_XIWZ5sxLveRf3fx1smBrUD2rDjsL7SEZYEd5ljHAZ6apbuxZ8bJ9AGgjzW1Nf52RWsVW035S-IkoCWatQ3GkivZEGZP3yeUzqIuqZnERgMj-gzzxbIqoHH69iFF8FUdc.CLYDU6Ax_eBOz29-gq-Io5XdGS5pqp03bJ2HKdUTXkc&dib_tag=se&keywords=mirrors&qid=1726445123&sprefix=mirrors%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-8&th=1

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I picked the second choice but now I think it will be the third. Definitely talented but a lot of missed games due to injury. He may need a healthy season to finish getting acclimated to the schedule. I see him lighting it up the first half of the season or a little more and cooling off the last quarter.

People are talking about the poll, and that’s cool, but that wasn’t the primary reason for the thread.

I found the linked article to be very interesting in the way it took a deep dive into both the injuries and the rehab.

Pretty much says flat out that the Achilles tear was Quinn’s own fault. Didn’t get into specifically why, but implied improper training practices. The fibula on the other hand, looks to be one of those things.

The takeaway for me was how fully he took charge of his rehab and how successful he was with it.

From sept. 7 not being able to bend his knee or ankle, to playing NHL games 2 months later, and being good enough to score 12 points in 19 games despite how far the injury put him behind his peers.

And then suffering an injury that could have had him out for the season, but putting in the effort to not only finish the season, but finish it with 4 goals and 7 points in 7 games.

I get the impression this is a kid who is wired to just keep striving.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@PerreaultForever, you’re always looking for signs of Sabres taking their jobs seriously.

The Quinn piece certainly seems to reflect a player who does. According to the article he’s been in Buffalo the entire summer working out and shooting and took advantage of the time to be in the best shape of his life.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, dudacek said:

@PerreaultForever, you’re always looking for signs of Sabres taking their jobs seriously.

The Quinn piece certainly seems to reflect a player who does. According to the article he’s been in Buffalo the entire summer working out and shooting and took advantage of the time to be in the best shape of his life.

Yes, he is at a point where he wants a big season and then big contract. It makes sense. I'm just waiting to see what we see on the ice and how durable he is. 

Pretty much the way I feel about the whole team really. Time to show us what they really have. No more bs about process or development or timelines. Play to win every night and no excuses. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I don’t see him hitting the 40g mark this season. I’d guess he’s not far off though. 34 +/- 2 is my guess. I would be surprised if he hit 40, but I wouldn’t be shocked. I’m not sure how many others would really be shocked either. Maybe I’m being pedantic and splitting hairs, but I feel like you’re exaggerating just how unexpected it will be for Quinn to net 40.

I think most of us have pretty high expectations for Quinn and while a 40g season is a bit beyond them, it’s not so far past our expectations that we’re going to be shocked the same way we would be if Greenway scored 40.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I don’t see him hitting the 40g mark this season. I’d guess he’s not far off though. 34 +/- 2 is my guess. I would be surprised if he hit 40, but I wouldn’t be shocked. I’m not sure how many others would really be shocked either. Maybe I’m being pedantic and splitting hairs, but I feel like you’re exaggerating just how unexpected it will be for Quinn to net 40.

I think most of us have pretty high expectations for Quinn and while a 40g season is a bit beyond them, it’s not so far past our expectations that we’re going to be shocked the same way we would be if Greenway scored 40.

How exactly does someone guess 32-36 and would be surprised but not shocked if it's 40?

Am I splitting hairs and splitting hairs?