AHL TV now under FLO Hockey, massive price increase

PromoTheRobot

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/flosports_to_expand_ahl_coverage/s1_17352_40884321

Say goodbye to AHL TV and their fairly reasonable $44/yr one-team subscription. It's now part of FLO Hockey. The good news is you don't just get AHL games, but ECHL, college, juniors, etc. Any league contracted with FLO, you'll get to see their games.  The bad news is the price. $30/mo or $12.50/mo if you buy the entire 12-month year. So the cheapest subscription is now $150!!  And I was looking forward to watching the Amerks this year.

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/flosports_to_expand_ahl_coverage/s1_17352_40884321

Say goodbye to AHL TV and their fairly reasonable $44/yr one-team subscription. It's now part of FLO Hockey. The good news is you don't just get AHL games, but ECHL, college, juniors, etc. Any league contracted with FLO, you'll get to see their games.  The bad news is the price. $30/mo or $12.50/mo if you buy the entire 12-month year. So the cheapest subscription is now $150!!  And I was looking forward to watching the Amerks this year.

I know they are trying to make money and technically you are getting more for your money, but when you are talking AHL and minor league/college hockey, there is a limited market.

Offer it ala cart, and you will get a LOT more people saying "yeah, I'll throw a few dollars that way to see my minor league team'.  But when you increase the price so much and give them alot...I think a lot of people will say, I don't need all that programming.  I mean, squeezing in the Amerks games is hard enough when you have the Sabres, NFL, NBA (for some), whatever movies/shows we want to watch, and life in general.  

To ask for more money expecting people to consume MORE minor league and college hockey/juniors, I don't think it going to work so well.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Looked at the article and didn't see anything about college & junior hockey being included in this.  2 Questions.

Q1.  Are you sure college hockey will be included in this FLO package?

Q2.  Does this mean college hockey won't still be on ESPN+?  Know ESPN+ is still showing a LOT of college sporting events.  And was planning on catching a few games this year on ESPN+.  (Mainly around tournament time.)

If either of those Q's were answered in that article and yours truly missed them, apologies.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Looked at the article and didn't see anything about college & junior hockey being included in this.  2 Questions.

Q2.  Does this mean college hockey won't still be on ESPN+?  Know ESPN+ is still showing a LOT of college sporting events.  And was planning on catching a few games this year on ESPN+.  (Mainly around tournament time.)

If either of those Q's were answered in that article and yours truly missed them, apologies.

Right ESPN+ is great. Just missing Big 10.  Hopefully they didn't lose ecac and hockey east to Flo. If so I will probably suck it up.  Full season for the cost of attending a single sabres game.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

You get any league signed with FLO. I think Atlantic Hockey (Niagara, Canisius, RIT) is on FLO.

• Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You get any league signed with FLO. I think Atlantic Hockey (Niagara, Canisius, RIT) is on FLO.

So the worst league in the NCAA? Maybe some D3 is mix d in. I feel for you with the huge price jump. I know those have run me off from a few different services. 

for the past 10 years ive used 1 free website that has the AHL, NCAA, SHL, LIGA, WHL, KHL, QMJHL & 20 other leagues actively being streamed. It has all the NHL rookie camp's being streamed live as well. Current NHL camp being streamed right now is Boston & Pittsburgh.

Over the years i've seen 'Premium' alternatives come & go, yet this free website remains. Go figure lol. 

All i can say is there are options out there for people not wanting to go with the FLO. DM me if you want a link to check out or just look for alternatives online.

Hockey season is almost here! Go SABRES & AMERKS!