Sabres on notice and everybody knows it

dudacek

Well, Adams and Pegula made Ruff's hiring a MUST

Pegula admitted, the past was a mistake, they had to prove to Ruff they would do what it takes to get to the Playoffs

Guarantee RUFF didn't come back on for that, HE WANTS A CUP!!!!!!!!

Ruff sees the TALENT but sees the FLAWS. 1/4 of the season he will DEMAND Adams change certain positions for new Talent

Top 6 will be 50% different if they are NOT heading towards the playoffs before Trade Deadline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 9/7/2024 at 9:59 AM, DarthEbriate said:

So... when they miss the playoffs at the end of this season because one of either Detroit or Ottawa has taken that #3 spot in the division instead, they'll trade their new captain Dahlin for picks and start a new timeline around Helenius as the 1C?

If Ruff allows Sabres to do this, all should be FIRED

No way Ruff won't demand changes if Sabres don't project up

Goaltending alone should prevent this

2 #1 defensive players should prevent this

Ruff himself WILL PREVENT THIS

On 9/7/2024 at 6:06 PM, Pimlach said:

Murray, Botterill, and Housley were all stretch hires, and while known around the league, they each had limited experience for the job they we getting in Buffalo.  Botterill is one of 3 AGM's in Seattle.   Bylsma is finally getting another shot.  Housley is still learning as an assistants coach.  

LaFontaine was a major stretch too.  LaFontaine gave us Murray, who I think was a very poor leader and an impatient GM.  Murray was never involved in hockey after that stint in Buffalo.  

If Adams gets canned TP will probably offer the job to Karmanos.  I seriously doubt he pays for a big name guy.  

RUFF will pick next GM

Let McDermott

Ruff is now THE MAN

On 9/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, DarthEbriate said:

It's true. All of it.

They've teased long enough that now Detroit and Ottawa have the sexier perception. The broad media is they're back to battling for 7th in the division, with possible reaching up to 5th. But gone are the days of "they're the next team to make the jump". 

Sabres season end will be 4-6 Team in Conference

I see 2 players gone Top 6 now and a new GM

• Eyeroll 1

On 9/26/2024 at 12:58 PM, DarthEbriate said:

Silly question regarding the OP and thread title: does the owner know it or care?

(Or will it just be EEE business as usual if they hit a 2-10 stretch in December?)

He seems apathetic and cheap re the Sabres  

Maybe if only 3000 fans show up each night he would be pressured to do something. But who knows. He might be waiting for the new stadium and that revenue to kick in before doing anything. Or not. 

The NHL is low on the totem pole for revenue and popularity. It’s the red headed step child among the big 4 professional team sports. Heck, it gets less pub than the WNBA since Caitlin Clark came along. It’s also way below CFB. 

• Like (+1) 1

On Saturday’s episode of “The Hot Stove” on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio with Ryan Paton, Dennis Bernstein and yours truly, I mentioned there is noise surrounding the Buffalo Sabres. To reiterate: if things fall off the rails in Buffalo this month, there is some chatter making the rounds of a GM change. My understanding is the Sabres have someone in mind for the position, but that doesn’t mean Kevyn Adams will be shown the door. If a new GM is brought in, Adams is expected to move up to a higher managerial title. The Sabres got a much-needed win on Saturday, but let’s see how the rest of the month unfolds.

I wonder if this is Jason Karmanos to GM 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

On Saturday’s episode of “The Hot Stove” on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio with Ryan Paton, Dennis Bernstein and yours truly, I mentioned there is noise surrounding the Buffalo Sabres. To reiterate: if things fall off the rails in Buffalo this month, there is some chatter making the rounds of a GM change. My understanding is the Sabres have someone in mind for the position, but that doesn’t mean Kevyn Adams will be shown the door. If a new GM is brought in, Adams is expected to move up to a higher managerial title. The Sabres got a much-needed win on Saturday, but let’s see how the rest of the month unfolds.

I wonder if this is Jason Karmanos to GM 

After an extensive search and talking to a lot of candidates.