Nazem Kadri -- Should the Sabres Pursue Him?

Sabres73

24 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I think Greenway now has an 8 team NTC. There is a reasonable chance that Calgary is a no go for Greenway.

1) you don't know what teams are on the his NTC 

2) Even if Calgary is on the list, Greenway can still agree to go, especially on his UFA season to get more PT.  If Kadri is acquired, Greenway, if not traded, could easily be pushed to the 4th line.  Not exactly the most conducive spot for maximizing counting stats before free agency. 

9 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

There are tanking teams who need veteran leadership and reaching the cap floor; there is salary retention and draft capital as sweeteners; there is LTIR. Many contracts don't age beautifully, but most can also be moved or avoided, at need. The cap is rising. For Krebs, Rosen, and a 1st? Absolutely. The team is immediately better and has depth down the spine.

Crazy. You're suggesting that the team would be trying to win now. Unheard of. 

• Like (+1) 2

I hate the idea of obtaining Kadri. He is a selfish POS. If it were up to me he would not be allowed to play in the NHL for some of the crap he has pulled in the past. It's one thing to play tough. It's another to be a cheap shot a wipe. He got run out of Toronto for his selfish acts, He started a war in Saint Louis with his BS on the Colorado. He has been less problematic with the Flames but almost every team in the NHL wants to take a shot at him. He does not want to be a Sabre he wants to be closer to Toronto. If this team was more mature where he had to respect the high end talent he might not go off but he could wreck whatever the Sabres are trying to build. Hard no.  

• dislike 1