Sabres unveil new video board they bought with the Skinner savings

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Some one forgot the Loctite. 

Loctite.webp.c711bcf180f62f9214e08b333fa175cb.webp

Funny.

But actually one of the pulleys failed or a cable snapped (ottomh don't recall which it was; want to say pulley failure, but not positive) when they were raising the scoreboard back up into position and the sudden increase in load on the pulleys next to the failed one caused most of the rest to fail in a domino-like chain until very little of the scoreboard was still hanging where it should.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Funny.

But actually one of the pulleys failed or a cable snapped (ottomh don't recall which it was; want to say pulley failure, but not positive) when they were raising the scoreboard back up into position and the sudden increase in load on the pulleys next to the failed one caused most of the rest to fail in a domino-like chain until very little of the scoreboard was still hanging where it should.

I’ll never forgot my dad telling me as a kid, “the scoreboard fell. But Hasek caught it.”

Both parts of the sentence seemed so absurd, I was so confused. That half of it was true was still pretty astounding at the time 

I think my follow up was, “did it happen during the game?” Haha 

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’ll never forgot my dad telling me as a kid, “the scoreboard fell. But Hasek caught it.”

Both parts of the sentence seemed so absurd, I was so confused. That half of it was true was still pretty astounding at the time 

I think my follow up was, “did it happen during the game?” Haha 

We had tix to that game but weren't listening to GR nor WNSA on the way into town.  Stopped off at a Mighty to grab dinner and a few kids sitting at the table next to us were talking about how LaFontaine was dead and the game had been postponed because of it.  We brushed it off as sometimes kids have really weird senses of humor.  

But when we got downtown, traffic seemed REALLY light for a game night.  So we're wondering if those kids were actually serious.  Walked towards the rink and when we got about 1 block away a cop told us the game had been cancelled because the scoreboard crashed.  Managed to talk wifey into listening to the pregame when we went to the games after that.  😉 

Ended up going over to my cousin's house and watching whatever game Empire broadcast instead of the regularly scheduled Bruins game they were planning on showing.

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than the old one.  Hoping it's not so large that it's distracting to those watching up in the nose bleeds.  Didn't head up there to check out the view of it from there.

There do seem to be more sound dampening panels up in the rafters near the new rood (but that could very well simply be due to noticing them now and not really noticing them in the past) but the speakers are still arranged in the same pattern as before.  So, am not overly hopeful that the accoustic issues in the barn have been adequately fixed.  (Need hearing protection in our section and people in the 200's claim they can't hear a thing there.)