Johnny Gaudreau and Brother Matthew Killed by Drunk Driver

aristocrat

14 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I don't understand this. The SUV went into the passing lane, basically, and a vehicle he was trying to pass then cut in front of him to give the riders room? Then..Not sure how that led to an accident. 

I always hate/fear riding on busy, fast roads. Best bet is to stay on side roads/trails if you can. I'll never forget this one guy that was driving down a street perpendicular to the road I was riding down and he went right through the stop sign at full speed before finally looking to see if anyone was coming, I slammed on my breaks and he did stop with a screech, way past the stop sign and arrogantly waved me on with, "go!" I thought I was dead for a split second. 

How awful, the poor family must be devastated. The guy who did this, too.  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I don't understand this. The SUV went into the passing lane, basically, and a vehicle he was trying to pass then cut in front of him to give the riders room? Then..Not sure how that led to an accident.

I'd guess that the SUV moved over to shield the bikers a bit, maybe annoying Higgins a bit.  And he cut back into the lane quickly after passing, right into the bikes.

I hate speculating, but that's what it sounds like to me.

• Like (+1) 4

Utterly tragic, gives me serious depression since I'm about the same age as him. I hope the bastard that hit them is thrown in jail and the key is thrown away. Drunk driving is stupid enough on its own but to do so when there are 50 other options; its absurd. 

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I'd guess that the SUV moved over to shield the bikers a bit, maybe annoying Higgins a bit.  And he cut back into the lane quickly after passing, right into the bikes.

I hate speculating, but that's what it sounds like to me.

That's what it sounds like

Oh, dear God. I see that it somehow gets worse, the more you learn.

Like others have said: This was not an accident. It was an incident. And it's more than fair to say that a drunk driver killed the Gaudreaus. Let's set aside the degrees of manslaughter/murder for now.

• aristocrat changed the title to Johnny Gaudreau Murdered by Drunk Driver

https://www.nj.com/sports/2024/08/nhl-star-johnny-gaudreau-brother-killed-after-being-struck-by-accused-drunk-driver-in-nj.html?outputType=amp

guy had 5-6 beers which probably means 9-10 and admitted it at the scene. Wtf is he doing trying to pass someone on the right? It’s a two lane road so guy is on the shoulder passing someone. Jesus 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2