Sabres signing Filip Zadina to a PTO?

GASabresIUFAN

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Maybe the silver lining here is that the attempted PTO shows that KA is not completely happy with his forward group.  Now if he would just go get a real top 6 forward instead of a former top 6 draft pick.

How do we know there was an attempt?

Never opposed to a team flipping over rocks.but I don't think I'd be too interested in a PTO with the Sabres if I had other options.

One of Zucker/Benson, plus McLeod, Greenway, Krebs, Lafferty, Malenstyn, Aube-Kubel are 7 guys ahead of you for 6 spots, plus Rousek is on a 1-way and Rosen and Kulich are knocking on the door.

I could see the Sabres in the market for a top 6 player, but a reclamation project would realistically have to have a hell of a camp to push the team off some of those investments to crack the bottom 6.

Edited by dudacek

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Maybe the silver lining here is that the attempted PTO shows that KA is not completely happy with his forward group.  Now if he would just go get a real top 6 forward instead of a former top 6 draft pick.

At first read this reminded me of the Jacques Richard reclamation project attempt in 1976.  

• Like (+1) 1

Good Adams microcosm right here 

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who knows, I'm just glad I beat @Brawndo posting it.

Lmao! Only because he had ventured to an advanced timeline already and seen the true result 

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Easy come easy go!

Universe won’t let anyone beat him 

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

“I tried…couldn’t close…but at the end of the day we still *might* have what it takes to make it, if things break our way.”

^ frame it on the wall, as representative 

Edited by Thorny

I guess it's a fake story much like the 10 million ask by Swayman has been shown to be fake. Tis the season.

Bringing in some PTOs is a good idea though. You want a competitive camp and not a camp of privilege where jobs are guaranteed or pre allotted. All this not blocking the kids crap has to go out the door. PTOs are good.

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

“I tried…couldn’t close…but at the end of the day we still *might* have what it takes to make it, if things break our way.”

What does it say about KA that he can't even get a guy to sign a PTO.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It says more of what we already knew about KA, and mostly Pegula, and the state of the franchise.  

I am going to root for a Triple Lindy and hope for the best.  

Rodney Dangerfield Skratch GIF by Skratch Labs

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Again:  how do we know he tried to sign Zadina?

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Again:  how do we know he tried to sign Zadina?

GMKA likes to shop at Kohl's when they have 50% off their clearance merchandise.....but backed off when he found out Zadina was an exclusion.  

Seriously though, you're right....and we remain unconvinced he's going to do anything else to improve the team.