What's deal with Peyton Krebs?

dudacek

Peyton Krebs  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best fits your perception of Peyton Krebs?

• I think his offence can take a leap and he'll be a good complementary middle-six piece
    • He will have a solid career as a Dixon Ward-level 2-way NHL 3rd-liner
    • His future is as a 4th line role player, like a Curtis Lazar
    • He'll get another couple sniffs because of his draft pedigree, but is basically on his way out of the NHL
  2. 2. Do you think Peyton Krebs will still be a Buffalo Sabre on Oct. 1, 2025?

Also, not that this will help get a deal signed, but this is a player who spend much of his summer in Buffalo working out and skating preparing for the season, he was also one of the few players at the Lindy Ruff press conference. I don't think that goes overlooked by Adams who is all about wanting players to be here. Negotiations are tough but im sure a deal will get signed.

• Like (+1) 1

Krebs is a locker room favorite on a team with a terrible culture. Putting him in the doghouse even if he was a good player is the easiest way Lindy can put the whole team on watch. He’s not a good player and doesn’t excel at anything. Guy is going to get 1yr minimum QO until he’s gone or has a miraculous turnaround. 

enough ***** has happened that the Eichel burden is off of him from my perspective 

Edited by triumph_communes

6 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Krebs is a locker room favorite on a team with a terrible culture. Putting him in the doghouse even if he was a good player is the easiest way Lindy can put the whole team on watch. He’s not a good player and doesn’t excel at anything. Guy is going to get 1yr minimum QO until he’s gone or has a miraculous turnaround. 

enough ***** has happened that the Eichel burden is off of him from my perspective 

I think culture isn't the word you want there...it was terrible when Eichel/Reinhart/Kane, etc were here when players had factions in the locker room and nobody seemed to really care. That's not the case now...these players care a lot and want to be good...they all like being around each other...they just haven't had someone that showed them how to channel that into consistency and wins.  That's what Ruff's job is.

10 hours ago, Two or less said:

Yeah for sure. Also, i bet Krebs is arguing that he was never used right under Granato and was only being a team player filling any role they needed.

But i don't believe the Sabres trying to move him. For one, they won't get much for him. And two, i think he's the type of player Lindy really loves. Someone he can move up and down the lineup, a player that is willing to play with some sandpaper, fight if he has to, has playmaking skills. I don't think its crazy to expect him to match Casey Mittelstadt type numbers if used right

Good call.  He’s signed for 2 more years.  Wonder if he could clear waivers at $1.45M and get ice time in Rochester in lieu of splitting time in Buffalo?  Especially when both teams have home games. 

Edited by Mr Peabody
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

“Krebsy” says hi 

Edited by Thorny