The Hockey Guy Needs Help

Doohickie

EDIT:  His Patreon was taken down by hackers but Patreon has resolved it.

So basically, Patreon did a migration and lost data from several of their members, including The Hockey Guy.  So he's lost a major portion of his income stream.  I'm a member of his YouTube channel and he posted a members only video about this.

I know some of you watch and enjoy his videos.  If you've ever considered supporting him financially, you can become a member of his YouTube channel for $2 per month.  This would be a really good time.

I have no other stake in this other than I enjoy his content and want him to be able to continue generating his independent content.

Mods:  If a post like this violates any forum rules, feel free to delete this thread.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

he must be making enough money

Yeah, and most of that was coming from his Patreon creator account which has vanished.

Edited by Doohickie

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

he must be making enough money considering how many jerseys he's got hanging there. When I first saw him I assumed that was inside a sports store but apparently not. Apparently all his. 

I don't particularly like his videos, but I'll admit I watched a bunch during COVID when I ran out of things to do. He talked about his collection in one of them and I remember him saying a lot were gifts/donations from people, but he'd also been collecting for decades and that it was just his very expensive alternative to stamp collecting.

I'm jealous of his collection. I've only got two jerseys: an Eichel jersey I bought a few months before the injury that led to his departure and a Bergeron jersey. The latter is because Bergeron remains my favorite post-lockout player. I don't want to talk about the former.

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah, and most of that was coming from his Patreon creator account which has vanished.

Why doesn't he put something out and ask all his former Patreons to re-patriate?  

Edited by Pimlach

4 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

I don't particularly like his videos, but I'll admit I watched a bunch during COVID when I ran out of things to do. He talked about his collection in one of them and I remember him saying a lot were gifts/donations from people, but he'd also been collecting for decades and that it was just his very expensive alternative to stamp collecting.

I'm jealous of his collection. I've only got two jerseys: an Eichel jersey I bought a few months before the injury that led to his departure and a Bergeron jersey. The latter is because Bergeron remains my favorite post-lockout player. I don't want to talk about the former.

I have a bunch of jerseys and haven't worn most of them much. They do last I have to say that. I have had money to burn and probably have a dozen different ones (even a Letterkenny Shamrocks and a Happy Gilmore just for laughs). I have an Orr jersey I should probably be buried in. 

The hockey guy is fine (even though he's a terrible hockey player) but he just rehashes stuff that's yesterday's news and he is far too diplomatic to make him overly entertaining. I hope he can continue but if not I'm not overly concerned. He's usually a day behind @Brawndo when it comes to Sabres news. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I have a bunch of jerseys and haven't worn most of them much. They do last I have to say that. I have had money to burn and probably have a dozen different ones (even a Letterkenny Shamrocks and a Happy Gilmore just for laughs). I have an Orr jersey I should probably be buried in. 

The hockey guy is fine (even though he's a terrible hockey player) but he just rehashes stuff that's yesterday's news and he is far too diplomatic to make him overly entertaining. I hope he can continue but if not I'm not overly concerned. He's usually a day behind @Brawndo when it comes to Sabres news. 

Who isn't?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Okay, update:  He apparently had his Patreon taken down by hackers.  So I withdraw my original post.

But if you like any content provider, consider supporting them.

Makes more sense. I Patreon(?) a few creators and haven't heard anything, and quick search yielded nada.  THG is good people, sorry this happened to him.