Getting ready: are players in town working out yet?

dudacek

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You should be able to do both things but yes, it's obviously already preset, which is probably why they have a Krebs issue. He doesn't want to be 13th man. 

I imagine that with the exception of career minor leaguers who never thought they would play in the NHL, nobody WANTS to be the 13th forward. That said, I highly doubt, aside from having pressure to perform as any pro-athlete does, that Krebs is feeling any real angst. From tomorrow, the season is about 30 weeks long. He will show up and practice and he will be in the line up soon enough. 

59 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Kind of surprised they have 7 goalies in camp.  Wonder if they're planning on loaning #5 to a different AHL team, #7 to a different ECHL team, or God forbid bring back the 3 headed monster.

Maybe 1 or 2 of them are still Juniors eligible?

Yep, Leanders and  Ratzlaff are unsigned juniors so it all works.

UPL is in Buffalo, Houser in the ECHL and Sandstrom in Rochester.

Levi and Reimer will be #2 in Buffalo or #1 for the Amerks.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Granato may have been a net-negative. If we are relying on a coach to create some sort of alchemical process we’ve already failed. An average coach should be enough  

The coach should allow the roster to function to their inherent abilities, to me that’s the job, I don’t need one to create value where the roster doesn’t provide it  

I totally disagree with this but it's a really long conversation that probably should be saved for a time when Ruff fails/succeeds. At that point we can get into it in depth if you want. Might be premature right now but I firmly believe that coaching matters - a LOT. 

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Kind of surprised they have 7 goalies in camp.  Wonder if they're planning on loaning #5 to a different AHL team, #7 to a different ECHL team, or God forbid bring back the 3 headed monster.

Maybe 1 or 2 of them are still Juniors eligible?

I sure hope it's not the 3 headed monster. Unless Reimer absolutely sucks for them Levi should start the season as Rochester's starter and if his play warrants it he comes up later (or for injuries)

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I sure hope it's not the 3 headed monster. Unless Reimer absolutely sucks for them Levi should start the season as Rochester's starter and if his play warrants it he comes up later (or for injuries)

Based on today's practice (UPL & Levi w/ the NHLers) and Ruff's comments it sounds like Levi will start the year as a Sabre and if he doesn't get into enough games then they'll swap him and Reimer.  But it seems he has the inside track to be the #2.  (And it doesn't sound like they'll have 3 goalies up by the time they play the Kings.)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Based on today's practice (UPL & Levi w/ the NHLers) and Ruff's comments it sounds like Levi will start the year as a Sabre and if he doesn't get into enough games then they'll swap him and Reimer.  But it seems he has the inside track to be the #2.  (And it doesn't sound like they'll have 3 goalies up by the time they play the Kings.)

I’d imagine all three goalies will travel to Europe. To me, it makes more sense to give Levi the more difficult reps in TC for development. 

48 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’d imagine all three goalies will travel to Europe. To me, it makes more sense to give Levi the more difficult reps in TC for development. 

They absolutely 100% will have 3 goalies on the trip to Europe.