Do you dream Sabres?

RangerDave

Last night I had a dream about the Sabres.  (Full disclosure:  my dreams are often weird and illogical!)

Rather than a great dream about the Sabres winning the Cup, or something cool like that, my dream was different.

I dreamed that I was playing for the Sabres when the opposing goalie commited a penalty against me.  I don't know what it was, because my dream started just after the penalty was called (probably because I skate like an elephant!)  All I know is that my stick was caught in the boards and was sticking straight out.

The ref called a penalty, but it was not a 2-minute or even a 4-minute penalty.  No, it was... the death penalty!  And I was the one who had to carry it out!!  I kept wondering why I had to do it.  But, I had the goalie sit on a small sofa and pointed something at him that resembled a powerpoint projector. (?)  I plugged it in and pointed it at the goalie.  The light was on him, although I had no idea how it would work.  Fortunately, the dream ended before I committed the act.  Phew!

What dreams have you had related to the Sabres, cool or weird?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 hours ago, RangerDave said:

Last night I had a dream about the Sabres.  (Full disclosure:  my dreams are often weird and illogical!)

Rather than a great dream about the Sabres winning the Cup, or something cool like that, my dream was different.

I dreamed that I was playing for the Sabres when the opposing goalie commited a penalty against me.  I don't know what it was, because my dream started just after the penalty was called (probably because I skate like an elephant!)  All I know is that my stick was caught in the boards and was sticking straight out.

The ref called a penalty, but it was not a 2-minute or even a 4-minute penalty.  No, it was... the death penalty!  And I was the one who had to carry it out!!  I kept wondering why I had to do it.  But, I had the goalie sit on a small sofa and pointed something at him that resembled a powerpoint projector. (?)  I plugged it in and pointed it at the goalie.  The light was on him, although I had no idea how it would work.  Fortunately, the dream ended before I committed the act.  Phew!

What dreams have you had related to the Sabres, cool or weird?

Dream analytics courtesy of Chat GPT 

“Your dream is quite fascinating and layered, blending elements of sports, punishment, and personal responsibility in a surreal way. Let's break it down:

Playing for the Sabres: This may represent a desire to be part of a team or achieve a certain status, especially if you're a fan of the Sabres. It could also symbolize being in a competitive situation in your life.

The Penalty: The fact that the dream skips the actual penalty and starts afterward might suggest feelings of uncertainty or confusion about a situation you're involved in. The idea that your stick was caught in the boards might represent feeling stuck or restricted in some way.

The Death Penalty: This extreme punishment could reflect a fear of severe consequences or the pressure of taking on a big responsibility. The fact that you're the one who has to carry out the penalty might symbolize a feeling of being unfairly burdened or forced to take action in a situation you’re not comfortable with.

The Goalie on the Sofa: A goalie is usually a symbol of defense or protection, so having the goalie sit down and be vulnerable could indicate a role reversal or a moment where you see something that’s usually strong as weak. The small sofa could signify a confined space or a situation where there's no escape.

The PowerPoint Projector: This odd object might represent a tool of communication or projection of ideas. It could suggest you're trying to "illuminate" or reveal something about the situation or about yourself, even if you're unsure how to do it.

The Ending: The dream ending before the act is carried out could symbolize a sense of relief or avoidance of an unwanted responsibility. It might reflect your desire to avoid a situation that feels too heavy or unjust.”

Freud would simplify down to one meaning.  Especially coupled with your screen name -latent homosexual feelings. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Dream analytics courtesy of Chat GPT 

“Your dream is quite fascinating and layered, blending elements of sports, punishment, and personal responsibility in a surreal way. Let's break it down:

Playing for the Sabres: This may represent a desire to be part of a team or achieve a certain status, especially if you're a fan of the Sabres. It could also symbolize being in a competitive situation in your life.

The Penalty: The fact that the dream skips the actual penalty and starts afterward might suggest feelings of uncertainty or confusion about a situation you're involved in. The idea that your stick was caught in the boards might represent feeling stuck or restricted in some way.

The Death Penalty: This extreme punishment could reflect a fear of severe consequences or the pressure of taking on a big responsibility. The fact that you're the one who has to carry out the penalty might symbolize a feeling of being unfairly burdened or forced to take action in a situation you’re not comfortable with.

The Goalie on the Sofa: A goalie is usually a symbol of defense or protection, so having the goalie sit down and be vulnerable could indicate a role reversal or a moment where you see something that’s usually strong as weak. The small sofa could signify a confined space or a situation where there's no escape.

The PowerPoint Projector: This odd object might represent a tool of communication or projection of ideas. It could suggest you're trying to "illuminate" or reveal something about the situation or about yourself, even if you're unsure how to do it.

The Ending: The dream ending before the act is carried out could symbolize a sense of relief or avoidance of an unwanted responsibility. It might reflect your desire to avoid a situation that feels too heavy or unjust.”

Freud would simplify down to one meaning.  Especially coupled with your screen name -latent homosexual feelings. 

Hmmm... that's a lot to digest. 

I think I have determined that Chat GPS has a lot of room to improve.  😂

And also not to tell you any of my other dreams...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.