(Off-season) What’s your favorite Sabrespace meme?

#freejame

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

giphy.gif

i think i once found a gif of him giving the WTF wave -- this is more just his WTF look.

Remember one game Ryan wasn’t doing that well at all and it was at home and he was getting boos and he did WTF wave after a couple. And then the next the next save the arena went crazy congratulating. Him for actually stopping a shot. And he actually took a bow. 

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I need a good working idea of what a meme is before contributing. I don't think some of the mentions here are memes, tbh.

A meme is an image, video, bit of text, even just an idea (?) that spreads (goes viral) but then is imitated or modified for humorous effect. Bernie with the mittens became Bernie at Valley Forge, Bernie at a really cold Bills game etc.

Because Buffalo is a good Sabres meme

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

This is a fair observation and point. I also think that the online concept of a "meme" has started to evolve and expand in its meaning. At least I think it has. Such that the concept of a "trope" may be encompassed thereby.

So I'm mostly thinking in terms of tropes.

But if it were limited to pure memes, then I think the Derek Roy sausage grab photo would be at the very top of the charts.

For the record I think trope is probably closer to what I was looking for. I was thinking more in the Dawkins version than interest version, but I think for the most part everyone is getting the gist of it. 

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

On the pure meme tip, we probably deserved to enjoy more of the Fu Man Drew stuff. (I guess the team just needed to be better.)

image.thumb.png.f0aac003fb49196c6b3164053ef8cd55.png

And people think the Sabres marketing team just recently caught fire. 

6 minutes ago, steveoath said:

This thread is the Matt Ellis of off season threads. 

just kidding’ - but that’s a meme that stands the test of time 

There is a mic drop offering.

51 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That entire video with Stafford was funny and clever. (Who was the mystery guy working out in the background -- Myers?)

Let us not forget Festivus.

i do occasionally think about this team having both eichel and reinhart. just 2 excellent NHL players.

it shows to go: building a successful NHL team is more complicated than assembling talent. the mix has to be right. and some of that mix involves not just types of talent and styles of game, but stages of career as well.

ah well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

i do occasionally think about this team having both eichel and reinhart. just 2 excellent NHL players.

it shows to go: building a successful NHL team is more complicated than assembling talent. the mix has to be right. and some of that mix involves not just types of talent and styles of game, but stages of career as well.

ah well.

Whoever could have guessed?! Certainly not the Sabres from Black Sunday-?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

ah well.

Yes indeed.  You can't put it all on rookies and 2nd- and 3rd-year guys.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.