(Off-season) What’s your favorite Sabrespace meme?

#freejame

The board is pretty dead, so thought this might drive some conversation. I don’t love the word meme, but not sure what else to use. My personal top three in no specific order:

-“This is obnoxious”

-Tyler Myers has Marfan

-Derek Roy crotch grab photo 

Anyone else have something good?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I liked it when the board developed a Marty Biron accent. 

I liked that much more than the various name change phases. Too confusing when people change names and icons. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I need a good working idea of what a meme is before contributing. I don't think some of the mentions here are memes, tbh.

A meme is an image, video, bit of text, even just an idea (?) that spreads (goes viral) but then is imitated or modified for humorous effect. Bernie with the mittens became Bernie at Valley Forge, Bernie at a really cold Bills game etc.

Because Buffalo is a good Sabres meme.

• dislike 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I need a good working idea of what a meme is before contributing. I don't think some of the mentions here are memes, tbh.

A meme is an image, video, bit of text, even just an idea (?) that spreads (goes viral) but then is imitated or modified for humorous effect. Bernie with the mittens became Bernie at Valley Forge, Bernie at a really cold Bills game etc.

Because Buffalo is a good Sabres meme.

This is a fair observation and point. I also think that the online concept of a "meme" has started to evolve and expand in its meaning. At least I think it has. Such that the concept of a "trope" may be encompassed thereby.

So I'm mostly thinking in terms of tropes.

But if it were limited to pure memes, then I think the Derek Roy sausage grab photo would be at the very top of the charts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.