OT - Trusted Mechanic

inkman

12 hours ago, Big Guava said:

I always thought is was normal for brakes to squeak a little after replacing due to brake dust, etc having to kinda "wear in" the brake pads

They squeaked every second they were on my truck. The ones I just got no squeak. 

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

I think I’m officially done with my place. Today they tell me they can’t do an inspection until next week Friday. 

As long as they can get to it in the month you need it, wouldn't punt them if that's the only issue you've had with them.  

Our mechanic usually has a long lead time to get in, but if there's an emergency they'll work with us to get the car in sooner.  (A perk of using the same shop for a long time.)

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

As long as they can get to it in the month you need it, wouldn't punt them if that's the only issue you've had with them.  

Our mechanic usually has a long lead time to get in, but if there's an emergency they'll work with us to get the car in sooner.  (A perk of using the same shop for a long time.)

There’s been a few things in recent years. I originally chalked it up to Covid labor, but I do think it’s mostly the ownership change now. 

46 minutes ago, shrader said:

There’s been a few things in recent years. I originally chalked it up to Covid labor, but I do think it’s mostly the ownership change now. 

Well, if ownership changed, everything could've changed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.