Kamala Harris. What will you think of her presidency?

Doohicksie

First ad just dropped.

I suspect Biden planned to drop out for some time, probably decided for sure after the debate and its aftermath.  I think he timed it to deliberately steal the momentum from the Trump campaign in the aftermath of the GOP convention, and to make him regret picking Vance as VP candidate.

It will be interesting who the Dem VP candidate will be.  I think it will be a popular senator or governor from a swing state, but I also think Buttigieg would be an excellent campaigner and debater.

Presumptuous thread title.

If the Dems don’t keep their majority in the Senate, her term would look alot like Obama’s second term with a heavy “we’re not going to allow them a single win” form of non-governance.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Weave said:

If the Dems don’t keep their majority in the Senate, her term would look alot like Obama’s second term with a heavy “we’re not going to allow them a single win” form of non-governance.

Yup. This also what ended the Roman Republic. It was better for your opponent to appear to do nothing than it was to even pass common sense laws. 

Kamala has a long way to go to win the presidency. Even if she does, she has further to go to be an effective president. Still, her interviews the last week have been very good. 

On 7/31/2024 at 6:33 AM, Weave said:

I know.  Just kind of a play on the previous Trump and Biden threads.  I was actually a little surprised it went as long as it did with no one starting a thread about her candidacy.

Waiting for her to drop her VP choice- Kelly and Shapiro seem to be the ones that come up the most.  I personally think Buttigieg would be an excellent VP, both from the standpoint of being capable and with his ability to campaign and fend off verbal attacks.  But conventional wisdom is that such a ticket would be "too diverse."  So much for E Pluribus Unum I guess.  Regardless, I think Butti will be deployed on the campaign trail along with Harris and her veep choice.

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I know.  Just kind of a play on the previous Trump and Biden threads.  I was actually a little surprised it went as long as it did with no one starting a thread about her candidacy.

Waiting for her to drop her VP choice- Kelly and Shapiro seem to be the ones that come up the most.  I personally think Buttigieg would be an excellent VP, both from the standpoint of being capable and with his ability to campaign and fend off verbal attacks.  But conventional wisdom is that such a ticket would be "too diverse."  So much for E Pluribus Unum I guess.  Regardless, I think Butti will be deployed on the campaign trail along with Harris and her veep choice.

Is there going to be Dem primary or is she the one they’re going with?

The primaries are in the rearview mirror.  They happened, they voted overwhelmingly for Joe.  Upon his withdrawl, he urged the states to pledge his delegates for Harris and they've mostly indicated they will do that.  More here.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

The primaries are in the rearview mirror.  They happened, they voted overwhelmingly for Joe.  Upon his withdrawl, he urged the states to pledge his delegates for Harris and they've mostly indicated they will do that.  More here.

According to the DNC chair, Harris has already secured enough votes from delegates in their online voting process which ends on Monday. 

• Agree 1

Biden stepping down just after the RNC convention took the bounce away from the GOP and the emergence of Harris created its own bounce.  Now with the addition of Everyone's Dad (Tim Walz) to the ticket, a further bounce.  They need to keep pressing and exposing the GOP ticket for what they are:  Weirdos.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Biden stepping down just after the RNC convention took the bounce away from the GOP and the emergence of Harris created its own bounce.  Now with the addition of Everyone's Dad (Tim Walz) to the ticket, a further bounce.  They need to keep pressing and exposing the GOP ticket for what they are:  Weirdos.

Weirdos is too nice. Let’s just call the GOP ticket what it is: a fascist attempt to overthrow our democracy. 

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Hillary wasn't wrong, was she?

Her and countless others. Fascists are nothing new in America; been here since our inception. But recent SCOTUS decisions have paved the way for their power grab; especially the Citizens United, immunity, and bribery decisions. Those decisions coupled with their 2013 decision to roll back voting rights protections have made it more difficult to keep them from gaining power. Throw in a certified narcissistic lunatic as their water boy and, well, here we are. 

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Meanwhile, somewhere in Texas...

image.thumb.png.0f5b5faf1e3429d13a4df648898bc389.png

Since there is no bicycle in the picture I assume this is not your house and you just copied it off a website.  Or do you post pictures without bicycles in them?  🙂

Never been one to advertise things like this, on my lawn, my car, on a shirt, anywhere. I just don't want to invite the segments of society that would see it and feel compelled to argue, attack, deface, etc.  Good luck with keeping your sign intact!

Also.. I'm very much anti-Republican and anti-Democrat.  I'm more likely to place a sign like this in my yard. There's a house around the corner with one like it.

image.png.cd8c41f6f6d3cf65c0c95f8994b55e09.png

• Like (+1) 1