Are we finally OK in the net?

dudacek

Goaltending  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are we finally going to be OK in net?

• Yes. There is a clear #1, a great prospect who can play right now, and a solid veteran stopgap
    • No. I don't really trust either of the 2 unproven young guys, and Reimer is a space filler
    • Goalies are voodoo, ask me something else

Samuelsson hopefully healthy, Byram coming late and starting the season with us, the upgrades to more defensively responsible forwards with speed and Ruff make me feel comfortable with our goalie situation.  If UPL played well last year, I have to believe not only he can be, but the situation around him should be too.

I don't know and at this point am not that interested in the question.

The bottom line for me is that the goalie setup resembles an NHL franchise, unlike last summer.

Lindy. A seemingly logical and cohesive retooling of the bottom six.

Baby steps.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't know and at this point am not that interested in the question.

The bottom line for me is that the goalie setup resembles an NHL franchise, unlike last summer.

Lindy. A seemingly logical and cohesive retooling of the bottom six.

Baby steps.

Now we will see if what looks improved on paper is improved on the ice.

I am happier with it now than I have been in a long while. I do think if we are to contend we need a higher ceiling than UPLs fairly solid season last year. Whether that is UPL improving or Levi with a higher upside...  or if both happens we could have a Biron/Miller situation and that would be a nice problem to have. 

On 7/28/2024 at 8:58 AM, PASabreFan said:

Baby steps.

I think that based on the changes already made, and the system Lindy will implement, the team will be playing better in front of the goalie, compared to recent seasons.  So goals against will go down for Ukko Pekka Luukkonen even if his save percentage remains the same.