Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen signed 5x4.75mil

thewookie1

• thewookie1 changed the title to UPL signed 5x4.75mil

Longer than I thought it would be.  Not cheap.  Not crazy expensive either I guess.  He played like a top goalie at the end of the year.  Our D is only getting older/better.  We’re gonna have a better defensive system with Ruff.  UPL and that contract could look awesome the next 5 years. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Longer than I thought it would be.  Not cheap.  Not crazy expensive either I guess.  He played like a top goalie at the end of the year.  Our D is only getting older/better.  We’re gonna have a better defensive system with Ruff.  UPL and that contract could look awesome the next 5 years. 

The reason I don't mind this contract is...as the year went along last year, he might have been the biggest 'difference maker' (in a good way) on this team.  There weren't many games I remember that he was the reason they lost (ask New Jersey about how goaltending can be the reason you lose a game, it happens), but there were plenty of times he was THE reason they won, or at least kept  them in a game until the very end (more than many other goalies would).   If you have a guy who is a 'difference maker' (no matter the position), then getting him for 5 years at 5-6% of the cap (probably closer to 5% by the end of the deal) is good to me.  Of course, his play can't fall off a cliff, but even if it does, this deal is LESS risky than say....Cozens was at just over $7m or Skinner was a 9.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1