Oilers to hire Stan Bowman

LGR4GM

So I already disliked Edmonton, now I can move them to currently most hated. They already had 2 of my least favourite players in the league (ex Sabres Kane and Skinner - I don't hate Perry, he's a hate him on the other team type of guy and I'm not unhappy to see him lose) and the nauseating star worship really gets grating so now they add this. Definitely now my most hated team. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah , can see this not going over well with 2 star players either.

The team has hired the former agent and head coach of one of those star players. I find it hard to believe that he doesn’t have an ear on just about anything they do at this point. 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Hard to believe he gets an NHL job 

Nah, sadly it's not hard to believe 

The good ol boys club is alive and well. 

One can hope he gets an American History X finale at some point himself. 

• Agree 1

I am not surprised he got a job once Bettman let him and Quenneville out of their rooms. I don’t think I would have hired him.

I read an interesting story written by Sheldon Kennedy on Bowman deserving a second chance and the work he has put in to better himself.

Former NHL player Sheldon Kennedy was abused as a junior hockey player and has been working for many years to educate people about this topic.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

I am not surprised he got a job once Bettman let him and Quenneville out of their rooms. I don’t think I would have hired him.

I read an interesting story written by Sheldon Kennedy on Bowman deserving a second chance and the work he has put in to better himself.

Former NHL player Sheldon Kennedy was abused as a junior hockey player and has been working for many years to educate people about this topic.

This was a very interesting letter to read, thank you for sharing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This was a very interesting letter to read, thank you for sharing it. 

I attended a presentation by Sheldon when he toured across Canada in the late 90’s to raise money and awareness for victims of sexual abuse. It was early in his journey to heal but he was a powerful speaker even then. I met him afterwards and am still impressed with his work and his ability to move forward.

It's not surprising. Oilers have never cared about any shall we say "off ice issues". They grabbed onto Perry this past year after he had to leave Chicago. They took in Kane before that. You can go way back and look how they brought in Craig MacTavish after he killed someone. This is just one more example of who they are. I hope they never win a cup again that's all. 

On 7/24/2024 at 5:37 PM, French Collection said:

Thank you for sharing. This was a good read.

• Like (+1) 1