Sabres added speed this offseason -Check the numbers

On 7/20/2024 at 6:41 AM, inkman said:

I was referring to the players on the current roster.  Lafferty, NAK, Malenstyn and McCleod aren’t better than Tage, JJP, Tuch, Quinn, Cozens, Benson, Greenway or Krebs.  Ok maybe Krebs.  

The idea is that they bring skills that Lindy wants in support of the core players you named. 

Lafferty, NAK, Malenstyn, McLeod  are replacing Olofsson, Okposo, Girgs, Jost, and Robinson.   They appear to be upgrades to me.  The loss of Mitts is the only concern I still have and if McLeod can provide speed, faceoffs, and defense then maybe he is a good alternative.  

Zucker is a player that can move around and slot into any line.   Something Skinner could not do.  

I’m not sure this is a playoff group but it looks like a better team so far.  The Lindy factor is another consideration.  

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/21/2024 at 8:49 AM, Pimlach said:

The loss of Mitts is the only concern I still have and if McLeod can provide speed, faceoffs, and defense then maybe he is a good alternative.

He won't replace Mittelstadt's playmaking I would think but maybe Lindy's system won't require that out of 3C.  I think we've been accustomed to two scoring lines, a 4th shutdown line, and a Island of Misfit Parts line.  Let's see how the lines roll out in training camp (and I gotta believe Lindy won't be "giving prospects a chance to make the team" looks this year).