Jack Quinn, what is your expectation for his 2024 season?

LGR4GM

The concept of Jack Quinn 

Dont get me wrong. I love the player.  When I saw him in Rochester, he was the first player since Max Afinogenov, that was clearly going to be a good NHL player.  I just need dude to stay healthy. 

• Like (+1) 6

Quinn is the story of the Sabres the last few years.  Key injuries have derailed promising seasons.  2 years ago it was injuries on defense.  If I remember correctly we were down to 3 regulars early in the season.  Last year it was the forwards.  Quinn was the first to go down, but many others missed time.  We simply don’t have the depth and experience to overcome.  

Quinn has the potential to be a pt a game player in the NHL.  Perhaps a better version of Alex Tuch if he can stay healthy.  His pace last season was 27g 30a.  A healthy Quinn goes 32g 40a next season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not making any point predictions, but I think in general he will be one of the offensive highlights of the coming season, becoming one of the Sabres' offensive stalwarts while playing a sound two-way game.

• Like (+1) 2

Achilles injuries suck in any sport. Anthony Duclair doesn’t seem to have nearly the burst he once had. I’m not sure how 20 something year olds respond to this injury. I know all sports are different but that injury is brutal. I hope you all are right about those totals but I’m not sure I’m as optimistic that he can remain healthy.

• dislike 1

47 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Achilles injuries suck in any sport. Anthony Duclair doesn’t seem to have nearly the burst he once had. I’m not sure how 20 something year olds respond to this injury. I know all sports are different but that injury is brutal. I hope you all are right about those totals but I’m not sure I’m as optimistic that he can remain healthy.

He did not seem to show any ill-effects from the achilles injury after his return last year. We have been told that the second injury was unrelated. 

I don't share the view of some on SS that JQ is injury prone. He had two unlucky injuries that were likely unrelated. I am hoping he will be at 0.75 ppg or above this year 🙂 

26 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Going deep into the playoffs, 28 games are the max.

Apparently they simply won't be able to get significantly ahead of anyone, needing 7 games all 4 rounds.  Wonder if he's got them winning that very last game?

Edited by Taro T
Friggin' autocorrect

3 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

He did not seem to show any ill-effects from the achilles injury after his return last year. We have been told that the second injury was unrelated. 

I don't share the view of some on SS that JQ is injury prone. He had two unlucky injuries that were likely unrelated. I am hoping he will be at 0.75 ppg or above this year 🙂 

I’m not saying injury prone either just that the injury itself is a significant 1 and he was injured later on whether related or not is concerning imo.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, inkman said:

The concept of Jack Quinn 

Dont get me wrong. I love the player.  When I saw him in Rochester, he was the first player since Max Afinogenov, that was clearly going to be a good NHL player.  I just need dude to stay healthy. 

Was Afinogenov actually a good player? I really only remember the crazy highlight reel goals. It looks like he only had two "good" seasons, which were the post lockout ones, aside from those two years that he never got higher than 40 points in his 9 years on the team.

image.thumb.png.e8cbd4ba0873cec974b129cf65c758d4.png

If healthy, I expect Quinn to lead the team in goals.