Sabres Sign Helenius to His ELC

Brawndo

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Tappara issues statement that makes it appear as though Helenius will be playing in NA this season. 

They wished him good luck. I would count on Helenius then opening the year in Rochester. 

From the comments of his Liiga coach Olli Jokinen, it sounded like he was ready for more than the Finnish league. I know Jokinen said he was going to take a run at the Sabres lineup but that sounded more like a coach trying to inspire his player.

He did have a good U18 year there and he probably could benefit more from the AHL if he is mature enough to make the jump.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Translation:

Konsta Helenius signed a rookie contract in the NHL in the summer and is looking for a place to play in the Buffalo Sabres' organization. Tappara wishes his breed good luck on the journey! #Tappara #Liiga

Breed? 🤔

I think his breed should be translated about as their prospect. I have hard to find the right words for that in English.

Tappara is not expecting him to play in Liiga this season as it seems.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

He is definitely in the Benson mode of he will be an NHLer sooner rather than later. Both players have elite brains and motors. Konsta obviously has better size and strength at 18. 

I expect him in Rochester this season with a call up if things are going well for him during the season.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

He is definitely in the Benson mode of he will be an NHLer sooner rather than later. Both players have elite brains and motors. Konsta obviously has better size and strength at 18. 

I expect him in Rochester this season with a call up if things are going well for him during the season.

He might end up w/ a callup.  Hoping that he doesn't.  Am actually looking forward to the Sabres only having 1 or 3 pregame solo skates this year rather than the 10-12 that we seemingly see every year.

2 hours ago, SabreFinn said:

I think his breed should be translated about as their prospect. I have hard to find the right words for that in English.

Tappara is not expecting him to play in Liiga this season as it seems.

I assumed it was a word that didn't translate well to English. It's just funny to read.

• Agree 1