We have cap room and a spot -- to get Tkachuk, what would you now give up?

_Q_

1 hour ago, TageMVP said:

That's a hard no on Zegras for me. Talking about character issues, he's got all of them. Plus, he'd be another style of player we do not need. Soft 

I'm with you on this. In some ways it would be like doing Skinner again. Different, but in many ways the same. No thanks. It's time for culture change. Don't handcuff Ruff with a huge ego coming in.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TageMVP said:

That's a hard no on Zegras for me. Talking about character issues, he's got all of them. Plus, he'd be another style of player we do not need. Soft 

Examples of character issues?

We don’t need this winger.  Ottawa isn’t trading him in the 3rd year of a long term deal, unless someone overpaid super stupid.  He hasn’t done enough to deserve that. Brady Tkachuk is overvalued by some because his brother’s team won a cup and because of his last name. I’d take a superior grade experienced defenseman from a willing partner to move Quinn and  Samuelsson. Teams aren’t blind  though, they see two guys (talented for sure) who get hurt every year like I do…..

• dislike 1

"To get more than you gave...

And I wanted what I got...
When you got skin in the game, you stay in the game...
But you don't get a win unless you play in the game...
Oh, you get love for it..
You get hate for it...
But you get nothing if you... 

wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...

God help and forgive me...

I want to build something that's gonna outlive me...

What do you want Adams? What do you want Adams?

If you stand for nothing Adams, what'll you fall for?

I want to be in the room where it happens...the room where it happens...the room where it happens..."

Edited by matter2003

On 7/6/2024 at 10:30 AM, LGR4GM said:

You aren't getting Tkachuk for any combination of the pieces you list. You're parting with 1 of Quinn, Peterka, or Cozens. You're losing Samuelsson in that trade too.

Peterka, Samuelsson, Rosen, and a pick is probably in the ballpark. 

Also Brady Tkachuk is a LW, not a center. 

I actually think in division price is higher... you are losing 1 of Quinn, JJ or Cozens and Power... 

59 minutes ago, OrangeSeatVertigo said:

I'm sure Tk has a no trade clause in his contract. 

and the last place any high quality NHL player will allow themselves to be traded to is the Sabres.   the price is irrelevant.  the player will simply say "no"

This is what a lot of fans don’t get. “Make a trade Kevyn” isn’t that simple..

A trade with Ottawa for Tkachuck does not make sense for us at all.  Win are in win now mode.  Ottawa is in win now mode.  Any return would have to be from the active part of our lineup, not prospect and picks.  We don’t have the depth in our “win now” parts to do this trade.  Our depth is in prospects and young players.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

This is what a lot of fans don’t get. “Make a trade Kevyn” isn’t that simple..

Wait.

Are you saying a player can have a no trade clause attached to their contracts?

And that, because of this contract, even if both GMs (general managers) want to make a trade - the player has the final say?

So, Kevyn Adams, the Sabres' GM (general manager) can't just make a trade because not only are other GMs involved, but the players subject to the trade are, too?

scared kramer GIF by HULU

39 minutes ago, ... said:

Wait.

Are you saying a player can have a no trade clause attached to their contracts?

And that, because of this contract, even if both GMs (general managers) want to make a trade - the player has the final say?

So, Kevyn Adams, the Sabres' GM (general manager) can't just make a trade because not only are other GMs involved, but the players subject to the trade are, too?

scared kramer GIF by HULU

Uhhh yeah this is all accurate 

56 minutes ago, Weave said:

A trade with Ottawa for Tkachuck does not make sense for us at all.  Win are in win now mode.  Ottawa is in win now mode.  Any return would have to be from the active part of our lineup, not prospect and picks.  We don’t have the depth in our “win now” parts to do this trade.  Our depth is in prospects and young players.

Power for Tkachuk sounds like win now to me.  

1 hour ago, JP51 said:

I actually think in division price is higher... you are losing 1 of Quinn, JJ or Cozens and Power... 

Perfect.   Owen Power, welcome to Ottawa.  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

On 7/6/2024 at 10:35 AM, LGR4GM said:

Brady Tkachuk,  37g 37a, 74pts at 24yrs old in his 6th season.

JJ Peterka, 28g 22a, 50pts at 22yrs old in his 2nd season. 

Tkachuk had 21g 23a for 44pts as a 21yr old in his second season. 

My point is, while I agree Tkachuk is better, is he so much better Buffalo should give up Peterka +++ for him. I'd be skeptical although, this year we'll know. 

yes he is better by a great deal. silly to suggest otherwise

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.