Trade: C Ryan McLeod - Oilers for Matt Savoie

@Eleven would be so happy with this.  Hopefully he knows.

Where is the old lady meme.  It’s been 13 long years…..

The best prt of this trade? There is no room for a ***** rookie on this squad unless they legit beat out an actual good NHL player.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Don’t like giving up on Savoie before we even got to see him play in the pros. Would have rather given up Krebs and a prospect like Ostland.

Have Kulich still and this years 1st Rounder.

If McLeod is good we will only have a 4C open next year without a Trade. We have fewer Forward spots too.

This is what half of the people are yelling for. More Ready then Savoie for sure. Playoff Experience.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Beck Malenstyn was a bad trade value wise.  This one seems pretty fair.  We received a young but established 6’2 200+ fast NHL center with reasonable cost and control for a very talented but small forward prospect in a league that’s going big again.  In Tullio, 22, we also received a solid and still young AHLer who blistered the OHL for 42 goals at 19.  Seems like a nice add to our young forwards in the A and he may still have NHL potential.  

Beck Malenstyn was a Player we did NOT have

That is something your not drafting 2nd Round and getting to play for you 1-2 years. Besides we still have way too many Prospects

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

The best prt of this trade? There is no room for a ***** rookie on this squad unless they legit beat out an actual good NHL player.

Old Lady Time GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ... said:

This seems like a pretty solid hockey trade. I wasn't aware of how fast the bottom six had become until this thread, so thanks, all, for the edumacation. 

Other than speed, deep playoff experience, and some good metrics, what excites me is that this trade means the Sabres really can't justify keeping Krebs in the lineup.

Plus, Malenstyn, Aube-Kubel and Lafferty have some jam. Other teams will think twice about bullying our guys. They are not goons but are hard nosed players who won’t put up with bulls**t.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Can McLeod realistically challenge Cozens for 2C? That seems like a low opinion of Cozens or a high opinion of McLeod. 

Well, we have 1,2,3,4C covered with a Backup in Krebs. Good enough for me.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

Let’s hope Lafferty comes to camp in shape. So that holds 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That’s probably true.

2nd he got hurt in Camp and Benson played well. One stayed, one went to the Minors.

Sabres needed a Vet. Makes more sense. Got size and speed instead, maybe not a pure goal scorer like Savoie look to be

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Well done Adams 

Why people should stop overreacting

7 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Have Kulich still and this years 1st Rounder.

If McLeod is good we will only have a 4C open next year without a Trade. We have fewer Forward spots too.

This is what half of the people are yelling for. More Ready then Savoie for sure. Playoff Experience.

In time one of the prospects can force McLeod to 4C, then your C spine is really good.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TRIP65 said:

2nd he got hurt in Camp and Benson played well. One stayed, one went to the Minors.

Sabres needed a Vet. Makes more sense. Got size and speed instead, maybe not a pure goal scorer like Savoie look to be

Why people should stop overreacting

No one is overreacting 

• Thanks (+1) 1

First trade made where I thought Adams did something he needed using a Prospect he really Valued and got a Very Good return.

Hope this works out for BOTH Clubs cause I really would have liked to see Savoie make it Big for the Sabres.

Now it will be McLeod. Don't seem to miss Middlestat so much either now. Size Matters

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Can we add Tullio to the thread title?

Kid is a smart hockey player who will help the Amerks this season.

Will think of him every time I read that name IMG_4662.thumb.jpeg.99f7e73d95469caa498d01d20340ba46.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

“Watching Zach (Benson), most nights he was as good if not better then Matty (Savoie)” -Lukas Suter, Sabres Western Scout  from the 2023 NHL Draft Embedded Video. 

Savoie Value to the team started to decreased the second Benson was drafted

Savoie lost out cause he got hurt in the same year Benson arrived. Both had to go back to Juniors or stay with Sabres.

What Savoie did in Juniors was SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!! 

71pts in 34 games is no easy feat and Savoie made it look easy. If he lands on a Top 6 line he will be a STUD offensive Winger

That said, I like McLeod, better fit for Sabres right now.

Sabres need a Fast Start

Don’t really think so 

Well, does it matter either way. Training camp will spell out the lines. Cozen deserves a demotion if he isn't better prepared this year. Completion has gotten better since he doesn't hold a huge size advantage anymore. Probably a whole bunch slower too.

Let the games begin!

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Helenius made Savoie expendable.

The Sabres have added a ton of speed up front this offseason.

Does Tullio go to the Amerks?

Tullio’s dad owns the Oshawa Generals and a minority piece of the Sens.

Tullio played for the Gens and was a good player. He will be a good AHL player at the least. Not a big guy.

Amerks, no question

I have to laugh at this 

people, we don’t need to trash Savoie now. The point is that he’s a GOOD PROSPECT

That’s half of what makes the trade so promising 

Makes me feel Adam gets it now and could even still do more if the Right Trade appears.

Could still use a Top 6 player at Wing or Center. Get a Center, Cozens goes to Wing,

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I’m not trashing Savoie.

McLeod will help the Sabres next season and is a huge improvement at the 3C

Savoie will not. You major this deal seven days a week and twice on Sunday 

Season starts 2024 not 2025

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sabres Twitter obsessed with “winning the trade” or at least getting what they deem fair value.

There should be a program where Twitter accounts like that just get spammed with replies from @PASabreFan

Even after this we still got back another Center as a Prospect who did well.

Outside of a 2nd round pick used, we got another one trading back to 14.

So where have the Sabres lost any Prospects??

We got two players too that will help immediately.

Looks Like a WINNER to me!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.